Best Politcal Quote - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:08 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
As per Dawn's request, I am starting a thread on political quotes. And I'm posting it here, Great Debate, so y'all can get as nasty as you like. Try to post a lot. Hopefully only a couple of words per post. I am trying to win most popular thread on PTM. The less you know about this topic the better.

As you can tell by my siggy, I am starting with an openning blow from John Edwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I hate to tell you, but that's not a "blow". It makes John Edwards look like the buttwipe that he is But thanks for proving my point for me

Come on folks ... is THIS the kind of person you want as 2nd in command???

This is going to be fun Lenora! Although I get the feeling it'll just be you and me at each other's throats But I'm a big girl and can take it like a woman ... you up for a good knock-down drag out???
#3 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:14 PM - Thead Starter

#4 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Special Member

Ummm .. could that be telling you something Lenora????
#5 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:17 PM - Thead Starter

Quote:
"Being lectured by the president on fiscal responsibility is a little bit like Tony Soprano talking to me about law and order in this country." --Sen. John Kerry, during the third presidential debate
#6 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:18 PM - Thead Starter

#7 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Special Member

"The White House began airing their TV commercials to re-elect the president, and the John Kerry campaign is condemning his use of 9/11 in the ads. He said it is unconscionable to use the tragic memory of a war in order to get elected unless, of course, it's the Vietnam War." --Jay Leno
#8 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:22 PM - Thead Starter

Quote:
"I own a timber company? That's news to me. Need some wood?" --President Bush, during the second presidential debate, failing to realize that he qualified as a small business owner on his 2001 federal tax return because of his part ownership of a timber company
#9 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
How many times can you use the word "certain" ?

KERRY: "But this issue of certainty -- it's one thing to be certain, but you can be certain and be wrong. It's another to be certain and be right, or to be certain and be moving in the right direction, or be certain about a principle and then learn new facts and take those new facts and put them to use in order to change and get your policy right."
#10 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:27 PM - Thead Starter

"America saw two very different visions of our country, and two different hairdos." --President Bush, on the vice presidential debate

#11 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Special Member

Q: Why did God create Democrats?
A: In order to make used car salesmen look good.

#12 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Special Member

They say that Christopher Columbus was the first Democrat. When he left to discover America, he didn't know where he was going. When he got there he didn't know where he was. And it was all done on a government grant.
#13 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:29 PM - Thead Starter

''If I could only go through the ducts and leap out onstage in a cape -- that's my dream." --Ralph Nader, on crashing the presidential debates
#14 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:33 PM - Thead Starter

"If we only included bake sales and how much money kids make at lemonade stands, this economy would really be cooking." --Sen. John Edwards, mocking Cheney
#15 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:37 PM - Thead Starter

Oh Great! Now, I'm going to have to debate by myself. *pout* It's all your fault, Dawn. I'm starting to sound like Kerry.
#16 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Special Member

John Kerry has chosen fellow Senator John Edwards as his running mate, and it was a very difficult choice. That's because when he heard Edwards would help get him votes and had a personal fortune of more than $50 million, Kerry couldn't decide whether to put him on the ticket or marry him.
#17 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Special Member

We can't have another person that debates themselves! I'll pop in here and there, but the wine has run out and I have company on their way over! Don't worry ... I'll Be Back! (in my best Arnie impression!)
#18 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:39 PM - Thead Starter

#19 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
I don't have any good ones - but I have to admit its fun to read yours!
#20 of Old 10-16-2004, 05:48 PM - Thead Starter

"Did the training wheels fall off?" –-Sen. John Kerry, after being told by reporters that President Bush took a tumble during a bike ride
#21 of Old 10-16-2004, 06:18 PM - Thead Starter

Here's a site to find humorous quotes made by our illustrious commander and cheif - http://www.comedy-zone.net/quotes/Politics/wbush.htm I'm a Kerry fan, so if you want funny quotes he's made or about him - you'll have to find them yourself.

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." -- George W. Bush
#22 of Old 10-17-2004, 03:17 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Sorry this is too late to help in your PTM goal Grace

The Leader of the Labour party made a statement during the election campaign that went something like this

"Polititians break there word all the time, but this is the first time I've heard of one breaking his word before the election campaign is over"

as a polititian he shouldn't be saying that polititians lie

then again maybe he learnt his lesson he is back as the leader of the Opposition bc he lost the election
#23 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:29 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Quote:
Originally posted by Grace
"I own a timber company? That's news to me. Need some wood?" --President Bush, during the second presidential debate, failing to realize that he qualified as a small business owner on his 2001 federal tax return because of his part ownership of a timber company
Funny! I never heard that one before! Wish I has so much money I didn't even know I was part owner in a company!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#24 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:41 AM

I just HAVE to join in on this one!

Liberal - a power worshipper without power. - George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language," Shooting an Elephant (1950)

~*~Brenda~*~

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#25 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:43 AM

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody. - Franklin Pierce Adams

~*~Brenda~*~

#26 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:47 AM

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. - Barry Goldwater

~*~Brenda~*~

#27 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:48 AM

Your federal government needs your money so that it can perform vital services for you that you would not think up yourself in a million years. - Dave Barry

~*~Brenda~*~

#28 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:49 AM

Somehow liberals have been unable to acquire from life what conservatives seem to be endowed with at birth: namely, a healthy skepticism of the powers of government agencies to do good. - Daniel P Moynihan, US Senator, NY Post 14 May 1969

~*~Brenda~*~

#29 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:50 AM

The liberals can understand everything but people who don’t understand them. - Lenny Bruce (1925–1966), U.S. satirical comedian. The Essential Lenny Bruce, “Politics,” ed. John Cohen (1967)

~*~Brenda~*~

#30 of Old 10-17-2004, 04:50 AM

[Democrats] can’t get elected unless things get worse—and things won’t get worse unless they get elected. - Jeane J Kirkpatrick, US Ambassador to UN, Time 17 Jun 85

~*~Brenda~*~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page