How long is your hair? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Right now mine just sits on my shoulders. I usually prefer it a little shorter ... not boy short (I like length, especially around my face) but off the back of my neck. However, Chad made a comment about liking long hair and I've let it go since. I've realized since, that a women tend to wear their hair in their dh/so's personal preference.
So, I'm wondering ...
How long is your hair and why?

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mine is shoulder length. I am trying desperately to grow it out as much as possible so that when it starts to thin(side effect of the surgery) I can have my sister find a style that will make it look like "I meant to do that". Luckily I have a lot of hair and it makes it look fairly think, so maybe I will get lucky and the thinning won't look so bad . I would love to have it long again...like to my mid-back...and all one length like it was when I was young...lol...I am trying to rediscover my youth
DH doesn't seem to care how I wear it.
#3 of Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Mine is about half way down my back. I wear it that way because I like to pull it back in a ponytail for daily wear. Rick likes it long, but I wear it this way for me. Every once in a while I get sick of it, cut it short, and then b!tch until it grows back out. I rarely cut it shorter than just below my shoulder, tho. Still want to be able to put it up.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

#4 of Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

My hair was so thick & long before radiation that when the underside fell out, it wasn't noticeable if I wore my hair down. I noticed it of course but it was nice to not feel like the rest of the world could.

Elaine White

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#5 of Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Mine is a few inches past my shoulders and it tends to stay this length due to the thinness. Two years ago when I first met Jim I cut it waaay short into an angled bob and he mentioned that he liked long hair best so of course I started growing it back out It is much easier for me to pull into ponytails for work and I love having the length to hide my newly found double chins though. I tend to grow it out while preggers and then chopping it all off after the baby is born.
#6 of Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
Mine is a few inches above the waist when it is straightened out. I have a lot of waves and curls. I have worn it in almost the exact same style since I left high school. My mother used to have my hair cut in boy styles when I was growing up, so I have kept it long ever since. Both my girls have long hair, too.
#7 of Old 04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Mine is down the middle of my back - it lays around my bra strap.

Its that way cause I never have anytime to go get it cut.

I have asked Kev and he says he doesn't care. I only know he cares that he doesn't eat it at night.
#8 of Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 PM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
Mine is past my bra strap

I want to cut it but Jordan likes it so I will probably cut it when he leaves LOL
#9 of Old 04-25-2009, 10:17 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

I like my hair shorter. When it gets long, I get lazy. Unless I spend an hour with a flat iron or roll it while it's wet, it just hangs and is frizzy so I end up pulling it up in a ponytail. I HATE being a ponytail mom.

Elaine White

#10 of Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Special Member

Mine is really short in back with angled sides down to just past my chin. I can wear it straight or messy and curly and clipped back, parted in the middle or on the side. The sides are really angled.
#11 of Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Once or twice a year I get it cut to just above my shoulders, and it usually grows out quite a bit before the next cut. Right now I'm between cuts
#12 of Old 05-04-2009, 11:45 AM

My hair is down to my behind and I just usually pull it back in a ponytail or bun my husband loves it long and doesnt want me to cut it but of course i dont share the same feelings as he if I had the extra time i would have been gotten it cut to probably no shorter than my shoulders.
#13 of Old 05-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Mine just hits my bra at the back.
#14 of Old 05-05-2009, 03:31 PM

Mine is a few inches past my shoulders. I am trying to grow it to about bra strap length now. I used to have long hair, almost down to my toosh then I got tired of it and cut it off into a bob and loved it! I kept it that length for 2 years and have just recently started to let it grow again so I can do Mom pony tails if I need to!
#15 of Old 08-15-2009, 09:07 AM

My hair is short, little below my shoulder. After my son's birth, I always keep a ponytail. My husband gets bored by the same hair style. What styles should i try with my hair?
#16 of Old 11-27-2009, 06:59 AM

I had till my hip but my little guy keep grabbing it hehe. I had to cut till the shoulders :P
#17 of Old 11-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Special Member

Mine is about should blade length when wet. I typically have it up in a bun, just for ease. Clint likes long hair, but I am contemplating cutting it off just due to keep up... But I don;t want to keep up hair cuts either. LOL I'll likely just go get it trimmed next weekend.
#18 of Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 PM

Waist length
#19 of Old 02-16-2017, 07:59 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page