canned salmon recipes? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 02-25-2008, 02:56 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Erics friend gave several cans of pink salmon...I have no idea what to make with them..... Any ideas or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 02-25-2008, 04:02 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
My Mom used to make salmon patties out of canned salmon. I can't remember the exact recipe, but it had eggs, bread crumbs (or crackers), diced onions & diced green peppers and a little salt & pepper.

Just google salmon recipes (or canned salmon recipes) and you should get some great ideas. Good luck!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @ GENERAL HEALTH ISSUES &...
#3 of Old 02-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
i was gonna suggest salmon patties too... my dad used to make those!!
#4 of Old 02-26-2008, 08:53 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
A guy I used to work with made a great salmon dip.

1 can salmon
1 pg. cream cheese
chopped green onions

He would serve it with one of thse big round loaves of bread, or it's really good with crackers.
#5 of Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
My parents love salmon patties... you just mix up the salmon, egg, breadcrumbs, and some seasoning and fry them up like you would burgers.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#6 of Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
This website has some recipes that sound really good http://www.alaskaseafood.org/canned/...s/entrees.html

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#7 of Old 02-27-2008, 11:37 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Salmon patties are really good. I just use egg, breadcrumbs and saly/pepper to taste.

Salmon cassarole - just like tuna cassarole. Layer cooked egg noodles, salmon and cream of mushroom soup. 2-3 layers ending with soup on top (usually 2-3 cans of salmon and 1 lg bag of egg noodles). Bake for 20-30 minutes, until it is bubbly. Basically you are just heating it up. In the last few minutes you can top it with cheese or more breadcrumbs or crackers - just about anything!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page