Infuse shrimp with flavor by soaking them in a marinade of vermouth and garlic.
1 pound fresh or frozen extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20)
2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
2 tablespoons dry vermouth or white wine
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
1. Place shrimp in a plastic bag set in a deep bowl.
2. For marinade, in a small bowl combine oil, vermouth or white wine, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over shrimp in bag. Close bag.
3. Marinate shrimp in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours. Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
4. Arrange shrimp on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Place tomatoes, cut side up, next to shrimp. Brush shrimp and tomatoes with marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
5. Broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat about 5 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, turning shrimp over once. Makes 4 servings.