came into the game hitting .185 in his last 32 games - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 06-18-2017, 06:42 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
came into the game hitting .185 in his last 32 games

The Los Angeles Angels try to increase their lead atop the American League West standings on Wednesday night with a third straight victory as they resume a four-game set with the Boston Red Sox. Adidas Boat Lace Climacool . The Angels have won six of their last seven games, putting them a half-game ahead of the Oakland Athletics in the division standings. You can watch the game live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Los Angeles dropped two of three at home to Boston from Aug. 8-9, but have opened this series with victories of 4-2 and 4-3. Last nights one-run victory saw Chris Iannetta snap a tie game with an RBI double in the ninth inning. Kole Calhoun, Mike Trout and Albert Pujols also drove in a run apiece for the Angels, while Joe Smith tossed a scoreless eighth inning to get the win and Huston Street left two on in the ninth while picking up his 10th save. "The bullpen has been pitching a lot and theyve really stepped up," said Angels manager Mike Scioscia. "Joe and Huston finished that game off and they really stuck it to them." David Ortiz homered, with Brock Holt and Mike Napoli adding an RBI each as the Red Sox stumbled to their third straight defeat and fourth in five games. Koji Uehara took the loss after being charged with the deciding run, yielding a two-out ground-rule double to Brennan Boesch before Iannettas go-ahead hit. "There is some positives to take away from this game," said Boston manager John Farrell. "We got some good innings from the pitchers and we were able to create some opportunities offensively." Farrell has seen some positives out of Clay Buchholz as of late and hopes the right-hander can keep trending in the right direction in tonights start. Buchholz went 0-2 and allowed 18 earned runs over 16 innings in three starts between July 23-Aug. 3, but has pitched much better over his last two outings, both no-decisions. That began versus the Angels on Aug. 9 as Buchholz logged eight innings and gave up three runs while striking out eight. The 30-year-old then followed up with seven innings of two-run ball on Aug. 15 versus Houston, fanning nine. Buchholz is just 5-7 on the year with a 5.79 earned run average and 6-3 lifetime versus the Angels with a 4.48 ERA. Garrett Richards goes for Los Angeles tonight and is 2-0 with a 1.19 ERA over his last three. The right-hander is coming off a 5-4 win at Texas on Friday, charged with two runs over 7 1/3 innings while logging seven strikeouts. "I threw a lot more curveballs than I have in the previous starts. I had a good feel for it today," said Richards, who moved to 13-4 with a 2.53 ERA on the year. The 26-year-old got a no-decision against Buchholz and the Red Sox on Aug. 9, allowing three runs -- one earned -- over 6 1/3 frames. It was Richards first start against Boston following four relief appearances. Following the Angels and Red Sox game TSN will have live coverage of the L.A. Dodgers versus San Diego Padres game. The Los Angeles Dodgers will try to claim a series victory over the San Diego Padres on Wednesday night as the two National League West clubs continue a three-game series. The Dodgers snapped a three-game slide with last nights 8-6 victory, their eighth in 11 meetings with the Padres this season. Carl Crawford had a big night with three hits, including a two-run homer, and also scored three runs for the division leaders. Justin Turner added a pair of hits and drove in two runs. Kevin Correia got the win and was charged with four runs on eight hits and a walk. He also struck out six over his five innings, settling down after giving up a three-run homer to Jedd Gyorko in the first inning. "It was a rough start for Kevin, but he settled down and kept us in the game. I thought we swung the bats pretty well tonight, especially Carl," Los Angeles manager Don Mattingly said. Abraham Almonte had four hits and his bunt in the ninth inning brought home a run on Kenley Jansens throwing error, but Almonte was also tagged out a third base following Gyorkos single to center to end the game. Ian Kennedy gave up six runs -- five earned -- on seven hits and two walks over five frames for San Diego, which has dropped four of its last five on the heels of a five-game winning streak. "As hard as we swung the bats, it was a tough loss. Mistakes came back to hurt us tonight," Padres manager Bud Black said. Roberto Hernandez will make his third start with the Dodgers since being acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Phillies and he has allowed three runs over 12 innings with Los Angeles. Following a solid no-decision debut with Los Angeles on Aug. 8, the right- handed Hernandez beat Atlanta 6-4 on Thursday behind six innings of one-run ball. Hernandez worked around three hits and four walks while striking out five. The 33-year-old is 7-8 with a 3.72 earned run average on the year and will make the second start of his career versus the Padres. The first came on May 12 of last year with Tampa Bay and he gave up two runs over six innings of a victory. Left-hander Eric Stults goes for the Padres and comes in on a solid three-game run, having gone 2-0 with a 1.37 ERA. Stults pitched well enough to get his third straight win on Thursday versus St. Louis, but instead got a no-decision as his club lost 4-3. Stults allowed two runs on four hits and a walk over seven innings. The 34-year-old is 5-13 on the year and has lowered his ERA from 5.22 to 4.64 during the three-start unbeaten streak. He is 1-4 lifetime versus the Dodgers with a 3.96 ERA. Adidas Outdoor Chaussures .com) - The NFL is investigating whether the New England Patriots intentionally deflated balls during Sundays AFC Championship Game against Indianapolis. Adidas Energy Boost 3 Femme . James scored 25 points against his former team, leading the energized Heat to a 114-107 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday night. Dwyane Wade added 24 points and Chris Bosh had 22 for the Heat, idle since a 90-84 loss Tuesday at Indiana. http://www.relo2md.com/adidas-runnin...tra-boost.html . Thaddeus Young scored seven of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, Evan Turner added 22 points, and the 76ers hung on for their first road win since Nov. 1, beating the depleted Los Angeles Lakers 111-104 on Sunday night.DETROIT -- Justin Verlander knows he isnt going to make a sixth straight All-Star team. A few more performances like the one Wednesday might mean hes heading in the right direction, however. Verlander overcame a pair of long home runs in the first inning and left with a comfortable lead after the sixth as the Detroit Tigers beat the Oakland Athletics 9-3 for a three-game sweep. Verlander (7-7) started the day looking like the pitcher who has been searching for his mechanics for most of the season. Coco Crisp began the game with a shot over the access tunnel down the right-field line, and Brandon Moss went even deeper into the right-field stands with two out. That, though, was the last time the As scored off the pitcher who has dominated them in each of the last two postseasons. Verlander wasnt sharp, allowing nine hits, but he didnt walk a batter. "I didnt make a big adjustment, I just got more into my rhythm," he said. "My changeup wasnt good, but I was able to throw my slider to lefties, where usually thats just fastball and curve." With a .500 record and a 4.71 ERA, even Verlanders years of dominance arent going to get him to Minnesota later this month for the All-Star festivities. "Im not going this year -- I can pretty much guarantee that," he said. "I didnt have a good first half, and I know that." "Its going to be the first time I get that weekend off in a while. It will be nice to get that time where I dont have to tax my arm. Ive put in a lot of extra work this year, trying to find my mechanics, so the rest will be good," he said. Torii Hunter hit three RBI singles and capped a six-run burst in the sixth inning. The three-time AL Central champion Tigers won for the 11th time in 13 games. The division leaders reached the halfway mark with a 47-34 mark. Oakland still has the best record in the majors despite its stumble at Comerica Park. The Tigers have eliminated Oakland from the post-season in each of the last two years. Detroit won this years season series 4-2, but with both teams leading their divisions, theres aa chance of a fourth October meeting since 2006. Adidas Springblade Drive 2. "We won three of four here last year during the regular season, but they turned the tide on us this time," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "This wasnt a very good series for us -- getting swept never feels too good -- but we do want to play them again this year." If there is a third matchup, the As wont expect this version of Verlander. "For guys like that, there is a regular-season version and a playoff version," Moss said. "I guarantee you that when playoff time comes, hes going to be dominant." Hunter started at designated hitter for the first time in his two seasons with the Tigers. Hunter, who turns 39 on July 18, came into the game hitting .185 in his last 32 games and has struggled badly in right field. The Tigers had a rough time, too, going 9-20 in late May and early June. "I think it was really good for our team to go through some of those tough patches," second baseman Ian Kinsler. "It taught us a lot about what type of team we are, that we could come out of that thing and still be one of the best teams in baseball." Jesse Chavez (6-5) struggled for the second straight start, giving up five runs in five-plus innings. Reliever Jim Johnson, who replaced him, allowed four runs while only getting one out. "We got the lead in the first, and I gave it back," Chavez said. "Thats the biggest thing. As a starter, when you get the lead, you want to hang on to it." NOTES: Victor Martinez sat out with soreness in his side, but Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said it was purely precautionary and that he should be back at DH on Thursday. ... DH Yoenis Cespedes (hamstring) and C Derek Norris (back) both returned to the lineup for Oakland. ... The As return home for a series with Toronto, with Sonny Gray (7-3) scheduled to face R.A. Dickey (6-7). ... Detroit remains home for a four-game weekend series with Tampa Bay. Max Scherzer (9-3) is scheduled to pitch the opener against Erik Bedard (4-5). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page