Girls' Clothing - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
View Poll Results: Do you and your daughter have difficulty finding decent clothes for her to wear?
Yes, we have to search long and hard. 5 55.56%
I think there is a fair mix out there to suit everyone's needs. 1 11.11%
I have no trouble finding modest clothing. 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 05-25-2004, 04:33 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Does anyone else look at what is offered to young girls (even little girls!) as far as clothing and say "not my daughter!!!" It's utterly ridiculous what retailers expect our daughters to wear. That's why I am so proud of this young girl and hope that many will listen to her and thousands (if not millions) of other young girls who are frusterated with what few modest options they have. Hats off to you, sweetie!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 05-25-2004, 04:38 PM

We have a hard time but that is trying to find stuff the fits well. Samantha is very tall and solid and I find alot of the stuff is made for skinney petite girls.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's Magificent Mom of the Month Contest and a $25 GC!
#3 of Old 05-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I don't have a girl, but the stuff I see the stores offer....
looks hookerish to me, esp when you see it on preteens...

#4 of Old 05-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Special Member

yep...I don't know how many shorts Chelsey has tried on only to have her butt cheeks almost hanging out...
#5 of Old 05-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Addicted Member

My girls are 2 and 7 months so it is not so much of an issue just yet. But some of the stuff they have for toddlers looks like small reproductions of adult clothing. Some of it is ok...I love her little flare jeans but really...my 2 year old DOES NOT Need to be running around in a belly shirt!
#6 of Old 05-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Special Member

Right now we have no problem
#7 of Old 05-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Special Member

right now i'm haveing that problem finding pants for my daughter she is 4 but very skinny i can't find pants that fit her so it's hard to tell people her size
#8 of Old 05-27-2004, 04:18 AM
Special Member

The mother of the child in the article should be very proud It is refreshing to hear that there are some girls out there that DON'T want to look like Brittney Spears! Bravo for her
#9 of Old 05-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
We have the biggest problem just finding things that fit too. Haley actually can't wear MaryKate & Ashley's line of clothes (at least not the bottoms) because the waist lines are too big. If we go down to a small enough waist than the length is inapropriate.
She does wear their halter tops though and I have no problem with that.
When I was in elementary school I wore those horrible little girl summer outfits that resembled bathing suits. (You know the one piece things with bloomer like shorts and spaghetti straps that tie over the shoulders?). Nothing is skimpier for a 6 yr old than one of those.
My biggest pet peeve with little girls clothes is writing on the butt. I don't care if it says something as inocent as "Angel", I don't want people's gazes directed at her butt. I think that is indecent.
But if she wants to wear low-rise jeans and halter tops that is fine. High waisted pants aren't in style anymore and I don't want my daughter to look "dorky" (as she would say) any more than she does.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#10 of Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM

we have always been able to find nice collection for our kids. I should thank Barbara for recommending this girls clothing store.
#11 of Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page