Worry all nine months? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 01-10-2005, 05:40 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
For those that had a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage, did you worry the whole time? Did you run to the bathroom with each pain/twinge you felt thinking you'd find blood? Did you check for blood everytime you went to the bathroom? Did you ever calm down and not fret over everything?

I know right now everything is worrying me. I know we just found out two days ago, but I'm so scared something is going to happen and I'll lose this baby. Just wanting to know if I will finally relax after a certain point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 01-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
i have never been where you are, i hope though that you would relax at least after a couple of months....
#3 of Old 01-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Special Member

I've never been in your position, but I know a friend mine who has. And, she was worried the whole time over everything. She was always concerned. (I can completely understand why.)

If you posted it... I missed your post... so I'll say CONGRATULATIONS here.

#4 of Old 01-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Addicted Member

#5 of Old 01-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Special Member

#6 of Old 01-10-2005, 06:11 PM

I am a proud wife to a hard working man Russ
and I have two wonderful kids Hannah and Will!
#7 of Old 01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Yep, even at 8 months pregnant I was afraid to go to the bathroom, just in case I was bleeding.

I don't think you ever get over the fears. You don't become obsessed with them as time goes on but they are still there.

CONGRATS!!!
#8 of Old 01-10-2005, 06:53 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm sure like Stacey I will worry throughout this pregnancy, but hopefully won't be obssessed like I am right now. I just hope this baby is healthy and that everything goes smoothly until they are born.
#9 of Old 01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Did you run to the bathroom with each pain/twinge you felt thinking you'd find blood? Did you check for blood everytime you went to the bathroom?
Yes and yes! My case was a little differnent since I didn't actually miscarry, but until I was shown on the screen that I had a normal pregnancy, I was a nervous wreck.

I imagine what you are feeling is absolutely normal! Maybe once you can hear the heartbeat or get out of the first trimester, your nerves will settle a little bit.
#10 of Old 01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Special Member

You bet your BOOTS ! I did everything you said - Sometimes I feel like I didn't get to enjoy my preg b/c all I did was worry !
#11 of Old 01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Special Member

I worried both time I have been PG, and like you said using the RR and checking for blood has always been something I did and still do.
#12 of Old 01-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Addicted Member

What Lisa said.

Except after the second miscarriage. I calmed down around my second trimester, but still looked for blood EVERY trip to the bathroom

#13 of Old 01-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Special Member

I never miscarried so I don't know exactly how you feel. However, I had a sil who lost a baby for reasons unknown so I was a nervous wreck throughout my pregnancy. I kept worrying that I would lose my baby too.

I hope you can calm some of your fears so you can enjoy your pregnancy. I can only imagine how scared you may be but stress isn't healthy for you or your baby so try not to worry too much.

I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes smoothly. If you ever need to talk you know we are all here for you.
#14 of Old 01-11-2005, 10:44 AM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
Yes, after I saw her on the ultrasound though, I began to calm down. But even though she was very active, I counted her movements several times a day just to be sure she was okay.
#15 of Old 01-11-2005, 11:09 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Thanks everyone for reassuring me and letting me know my feelings are normal. Hopefully I'll feel better once I hear the heartbeat and see my little one.
#16 of Old 01-11-2005, 03:55 PM

I miscarried before both of my pregancies. Once I got past the 10-week mark, I began to breath a little easier, but it wasn't until I heard the heartbeat & felt her move that I stopped worrying as much. But subconsciously, I was always waiting to feel her move & would get nervous if too much time passed without movement.

Laura
#17 of Old 01-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Special Member

Yes! I worry everyday about something going wrong. I won't feel comfortable until the baby is here...but even then I'll have a new set of worries.
#18 of Old 01-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Addicted Member

I worried until my DS was born and I knew he was OK. It's just human nature.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page