Is it Safe? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I just wonder whether if it is ok and safe to start TTC again after miscarried, before my AF? I just miscarried almost 2 weeks ago. The thought of waiting 3-6 months (advised by my doctor) is just too long for me. I just want to get pregnant with healthy baby so badly.

Has anyone did get pregnant after miscarried before AF and succeed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I've never had a miscarriage but have heard the same advice... to wait 3 months for your hormones and cycles to return to normal.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of Old 01-17-2007, 01:38 AM - Thead Starter

oh dear! 3 months is just too long!. I did ask the doctor, what happen if I "accidently" conceived before that period, will it effect the baby in any way. She just said "no" and went away to check other patients. What a friendly doctor..She just walk away too fast..and I still have so many questions...
#4 of Old 01-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
after my m/c last year my ob/gyn said i could ttc right away if i wanted, he had seen it many times. i just had to wait after the d&c for a week.

i have heard to wait a few cycles, but just from other people never from drs. sorry your dr was so rushed and impersonal
#5 of Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
I would try to wait at least 1 cycle if you can...I know how hard it is, but try to give your body at least that short time if you can
#6 of Old 01-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Yeah I'm with Becca. I really don't think there is anything "unsafe" about trying again right away. I think the time is meant more for mom's personal healing.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#7 of Old 01-17-2007, 12:02 PM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
I started ttc right away with both of my miscarriages, but did not become pregnant for a year afterwards anyway. It may be hard to judge when you are ovulating before you have AF.
#8 of Old 01-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Special Member

Even though it's hard I would wait at least 1 cycle. Then you know that you've had AF, you'll have a better idea of dates. Also if you had to have a D&C you want the lining of your uterus to have some time to heal. Good luck
#9 of Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Special Member

You do want to wait to allow your body to regulate yourself. It needs the rest after what happened. I wish you luck!
#10 of Old 01-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

I got pregnant after having a D&C because of miscarriage before I started another cycle and I miscarried again. I don't know if the second miscarriage was in any way related or not. After the second miscarriage, I waited for 2 cycles and got pregnant again and had my first healthy baby 9 months later

I do know someone who got pregnant immediately after a miscarriage and had no problem. She didn't have a D&C though. I think if you've had a D&C you should definitely wait.
#11 of Old 01-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Special Member

Sorry for your loss. I think it's more a matter of dates than aything that could be harmful. It will just be easier to date the pregnancy if you wait for a new cycle to start.
#12 of Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I think that the reason they want you to wait is so tha tyour body can get the hormones backon track again (and then it would be easier to get pg again)....

If you have had a D&C you need to let th elining of your uterus heal. I think it may be easier to miscarriage again if you try to early since you have not totally healed

Best of luck to you!
#13 of Old 01-18-2007, 01:58 AM - Thead Starter

Thanks guys for all your support. I did had D&C right after..looks like i'm gonna have to wait at least one cycle...hmmm...thanks again!
#14 of Old 07-14-2009, 05:19 AM

kiss your life accept it just as it is today now so that those moments of happiness that you are waiting for don't pass you by.............i think waiting for the rite time is the best you can do to avoid any prob in future

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page