Is this normal?? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 10-12-2002, 09:08 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Hi ladies, I know maybe you can help me. I wasn't sure if this should go here or in the pregnancy loss forum.

Anyway, most of you know about my daughter and what I went through in August. However, even though I miss her terribly, and want her back, whenever I'm not thinking of her, all I can think about is getting pregnant again.

I don't want to become obsessed, but it's like a tape recorder: Madeline
Pregnant
Madeline
Pregnant
hungry? no
Madeline
Pregnant
cook dinner? ok
Madeline
Pregnant

see? It's driving me crazy and I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this.
The sad thing is, I can't even try yet. I still have to wait another cycle. I'm gonna go ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 10-12-2002, 09:47 AM
Special Member

It's completly normal Amy
What you're going through, is a need to fill the hole that's there. Madeline was supposed to be brought home with you and you were expecting to have another child, planning for it, fantasizing about her and getting excited about her for months.
It's like when you crave for candy which you think is in your cupboard, so you go to get it and DH has eaten it. The crave doesn't just go. You don't just say, oh well, no problem. You get frustrated and and if the shops are open you go and get some. If they're not open, you crave until it is.
Once you get the candy you're fine. You know it, but the car won't start and you have to wait and it's driving you

You'll feel much better next cycle when you can try again
Alot of women who are TTC and are having trouble know what you are going through. When I was TTC I heard the same broken record in my head. It consumed me to the point that I was driving everyone around me

Hang in there, it won't be long
#3 of Old 10-12-2002, 01:03 PM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
Yes, I went through the same thing. Although, my first baby was unplanned and unexpected (I was told I could never get pregnant), it's loss was devistating. I thought about getting pregnant again obessively for months. I wasn't truely able to move on until I was able to get pregnant again a year later. I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time.
#4 of Old 10-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I love the way that Genie put it. I have never been in your shoes so I can only imagine what it is like. My thoughts are with you, and I hope things are better for you once you are able to try again.
#5 of Old 10-13-2002, 03:55 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Genie, Thanks for putting it in perspective for me! That really helped.

#6 of Old 10-14-2002, 09:28 AM
Addicted Member

Genie you put that so well. Amy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page