Was it a hard decission? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 11-26-2002, 01:27 PM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I was just wondering if it was a hard decission to start TTC again after the loss of your baby? What was the hardest part of the decission? What was the main reason you decided to start again?

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 11-26-2002, 01:50 PM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
No, actually it wasn't. I couldn't wait to start ttc again after my miscarriage last year. The hardest part was dealing with the grief from the miscarriage itself.
#3 of Old 11-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I agree with Grace..

After I was physically ready, DH and I talked about when we'd like to try again; we had originally decided on February. I then told him that I didn't want to wait that long, so we started trying this month instead.

The main reason we wanted to TTC again is because we both want to add another child to our family.

For me, personally, it was a no-brainer.
#4 of Old 11-26-2002, 07:44 PM
Special Member

I just wanted to have a child. We started trying right away after my D&E. I think I just needed another baby to help me heal.
#5 of Old 03-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Addicted Member

It was not hard to try again, because I really wanted a baby. By the time I got pregnant again (2 1/2 years after my first miscarriage) I was thrilled. I had been told by my fertility doctor that I would never be able to get pregnant without medical intervention. When I lost the second baby it got a little harder. After I lost the third baby I was really grieving and the fourth baby (my 20 month old son) was conceived because my husband and I where in mourning. (My 2nd, 3rd and 4th pregnancy all took place within a 9 month period)
#6 of Old 03-08-2003, 11:12 PM

I waited 1 month after my first mc then mc that baby too. They were both with help from a fretility dr. I already had Samantha and I just couldn't face another loss so we stoped. I, like ivissers, was told I would never concieve on my own. Within 4 months I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant with Logan with no help from fertility drugs. It was all mother nature.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's Magificent Mom of the Month Contest and a $25 GC!
#7 of Old 04-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Special Member

For myself, I had to wait for sometime because of my health, but in my heart I would have started sooner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page