Have a question for everyone? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 05-24-2003, 01:34 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I have been trying ttc since August of last year kind of starting to worry now, not just becouse it is taking so long but becouse of what has been going on lately with me emotions. Maybe I am just noticeing it more, i'm just not sure. My DH pointed out to me when I was trying to talk to him becouse out of no where he started talking obout maybe waiting a little bit longer to continue trying.(well at this point we are just doing the if it happens it happens type of approche) It all started the other day when he said that maybe I should get counseling about everything that happend with my son. I guess I may have freaked him out 'couse the other day I found out that a freind of mine is 3 mo preg of course with baby #3. And well to say the least I also spent the day crying. It probebly hasn't helped that hekeeps telling me that he wanted me to get rid of our daughters old baby stuff I just don't know??????
What do you think should I wait? And to make things confuse me even more AF is supposed to be here in a couple days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 05-24-2003, 03:10 AM
Advanced Member

Well, I'm not sure what to say but I would like to give you lots of

I am praying for you!
#3 of Old 05-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Special Member

After I had lost my last baby (at 4 months), My doctor advised that I wait a year before trying to concieve. I waited longer than that because I needed to grieve for my baby, accept my loss and move forward in my life.

I know that it has been over a year for you since your loss and you said you have been trying since August of last year.

First and foremost, think about why you want to concieve. If it purely because you want to a fullfillment for your feelings of sadness over your loss, you have a lot of thinking to do.

Both you and your husband should want to TTC, if he isn't ready, then he may have some issues that need to been worked out before attempting to try again. You mentioned he said he wants to wait a little longer...maybe you should listen to his feelings about this.

If you are crying over someone else getting pregnant, that is understandable but your spouse knows you better than anyone except yourself and I think you need to explore your feelings about your loss of your baby before moving forward and conceiving again.

Mary,

No one is telling you to wait forever.
I was TTC for ten years before I got pregnant and lost my baby. I was 35 years when I finally had Michael (my premature baby) and I am taking things slow before I attempt to try again.

I am 38 years old and I still want another baby but only time will tell. I wish you all the best.
#4 of Old 05-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Special Member

I hope you do get some counseling. It is not bad to ask for help or to get it. You need to cope with what's wrong. I know it's hard, but maybe that's why you haven't conceived yet. YOu need to concentrate on getting better and then it will happen naturally.
#5 of Old 05-27-2003, 05:55 PM

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's Magificent Mom of the Month Contest and a $25 GC!
#6 of Old 05-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11

I don't have any great advice but wanted you to know I am thinking of you!!

#7 of Old 05-27-2003, 06:32 PM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
Sandra always gives good advise. I'm sorry your in so much pain. It took us a year to concieve again after my miscarrige.
#8 of Old 06-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Special Member

Thanks Grace
#9 of Old 06-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Addicted Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page