My Essay... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 01-08-2004, 08:19 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I was a major procastinator with this so there are so many more that I wish I could have thanked and mentioned. I Love You All!

Why I Love Baby U!

There are so many reasons that I love Baby University. BU has made me a better, person, better mother, better wife, better lover and better friend. When I came upon Baby University I was just looking for some answers on how to extend my breast feeding experience with my son. I have come upon so much more. First of all I have been with Baby U for 1 year and 3 months. In this year I have rant and raved and loved and lost. I have made wonderful friends and become a much better person for it. Baby U has let me keep a journal that in all my life I have never been able to keep one.

My friend here at Baby U are incredible. I have so many it has busted my Christmas card list by 20. 20 more people I want to call sisters. The sisters I never had. For one individual, Meagan Guy she has became a best friend. How much more can I say. She is there hundreds of miles away and every time I call its like we have been friends for 20 years. She knows me so well and we are two peas in a pod. I can call her at any time to cry my eyes out or share in my happiness. I am blessed for that reason, and I thank Dawn 100% for bringing her into my life. Everyone of my sisters that I have met have been so detrimental to this last year.

If it wasn't for the Body and Soul board I think I would have lost my mind. When I think of the support I have gotten and Alyse IMing me to help me and the rest of the sisters to recognize that I have been depressed with anxiety. With out all of you I would have never been put on Lexipro. This in it self has changed my life. My families life and my work relationships. I am a new woman because of Body and Soul help. Thank you again Dawn for this wonderful site.

Another positive feet for Baby U and my inner self has been that I am a much better person for coming here. Before I found this site I was an angry person inside and not alot of manners and positive feedback for the rest of the world. Baby U has brought the happy smiling thankful Janet back into the world. I find myself complimenting my friend and family more and trying to be the rock for everyone that my BU sisters are to me. Thank you again.

I also have become a better wife and lover. Venting to all of you has made not the angry person to be around. The BCD forum has made me and DH's love life open to new angles. We want to share our love life and if I can help others with my experiences great. Dh has seen a change in me and him also. I accredit Baby U with all of this and even saving my marriage. Thank you again.

With me being a co-mod of the Toddler board I can learn from others and share my own experiences. I feel privileged to have been chosen for such an important task. Thank you for choosing me and thank you for my wonderful co-mod Alyse. We are learning more each day and love hearing everyone's stories. Since I am co-mods of two boards I cant leave Becky out she is awesome too not only as a co-mod but as a friend. We love working with Jokes and humor. I am such a jokester that no other board would suit me as well as this one. Thank you for letting me explore the world further by being a moderator.

I so wish that I would have found Baby U 15 years ago I feel it would have saved me from some of the mistakes I have made in my life. I am glad though it is here now and that I have so many new friends. I really hope to meet them all someday. Until then I have this fabulous website that I can share Births, birthdays, anniversaries, loves and support all my friends. Thank you Dawn for doing this and putting all the hard work that you have into it. Thankyou for making me a better person and thank you for the site I love and call home. There isn't an hour that goes by that I don't talk about all my new friends, share interesting facts with my new friends or just think about you all and what you are doing. Thank you!

I love Baby U and thank you Wendy for this awesome reason to express my love to this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 01-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
I think that is just beautiful, Jan.
#3 of Old 01-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
That is a GREAT essay, Jan!

#4 of Old 01-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Special Member

Well put Jan
#5 of Old 01-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Special Member

That is simply beautiful Jan!
#6 of Old 01-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Special Member

That is a great essay!
#7 of Old 01-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Addicted Member

Love you Jan!
#8 of Old 01-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
That is great Jan
#9 of Old 01-09-2004, 12:11 AM

That is beautiful Jan!!!

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's Magificent Mom of the Month Contest and a $25 GC!
#10 of Old 01-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Special Member

Awwww!!! That was so sweet!!

Great job!! It was beautiful.
#11 of Old 01-09-2004, 03:19 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Well done Jan, that was beautiful, I'm so glad you let us read it
#12 of Old 01-09-2004, 03:27 AM
Addicted Member

That is beautiful Jan!!!!!!
#13 of Old 01-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
very well said Jan!
#14 of Old 01-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
that's a great essay Jan!
#15 of Old 01-09-2004, 11:42 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

all. I just sat down and started typing and because I waited to the last minute I forgot to add a couple points, like how much BU is modivating me to clean. I am not very good at it because I was not givin a good example growing up.

But I wont get into that. Just thanks for everything ladies.

#16 of Old 01-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Addicted Member

Great essay!!
#17 of Old 01-09-2004, 12:17 PM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
#18 of Old 01-09-2004, 03:28 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

#19 of Old 01-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Jan that was so good. I really enjoyed reading your Essay. Thanks.
#20 of Old 01-10-2004, 11:16 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
That's so sweet Jan!

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @ GENERAL HEALTH ISSUES &...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page