Printer Shopping - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 03-09-2008, 10:57 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
My printer died close to a year ago and I'm finding that things are just getting too dificult without one. I frequently have to email documents to myself and then run up to the library and pay to have them printed off. I just need a basic printer, not an all in one, but I want the print quality to be good (doesn't need to be photo good).
So, I need advice. What kind of printer do you have and are you happy with it?

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 03-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0
i have all in ones. For the most part I am happy. I haven't had a basic one in years so I'm no help.
#3 of Old 03-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Before I rearrange my office, I was using a big all-in-one and I LOVED it! I used it for copying mostly, but the fact it has a duplex printing tray saved me $$ on paper all the time. And I got it as refurbished about 5-6 years ago for $125. Definitely worth every penny.

Right now, I'm using another all-in-one that I got from Freecycle. It had been badly stored, so it has a puddle of ink floating around in it, and I have it set up on a wad of paper toweling, but with new cartridges, it works perfectly. And for free, you can't go wrong, right?

I say watch your local Freecycle and Craigslist free section for a printer. People are always upgrading to all-in-ones or something, and getting rid of little printers. I'm sure you'll find something.

#4 of Old 03-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
I've got an all-in-one Hp Photosmart or something like that... I just got it, but it's great so far!!
#5 of Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I've looked a few on HP.com that I am interested in... However, something has been wrong with the page for two days making some of the links unclickable (including the add to cart link). I'm taking it as a sign that I'm not supposed to be purchasing a printer right now.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#6 of Old 03-13-2008, 03:01 AM

Likes Earned: 22
Whatever you do, make sure you price the cost of cartridges before you buy a printer. I had a great little printer (very basic) that I loved (only $35 on sale), but the cartridsges were - get this - $45 EACH! And that was for the black ink. The color cartridges were almost $60. Needless to say, the way I go thru ink, it turned out to be less than a good deal. Now I just use Rick's laser printer. He can refill the cartridges at work for $3 each and they last forever! But the printer was almost $300 new.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#7 of Old 03-13-2017, 11:20 PM

Printing Manchester : Welcome to printing.com, the home of low cost, hi-definition print with beautiful design from local printing.com studios.
#8 of Old 03-15-2017, 11:45 PM

Wink

Với sự phát triển của công nghệ, chúng ta ngày càng luôn phải đối mặt với nhưng thay đổi chóng mặt đó. Nhưng trong đó là sự phát triển không ngừng của công nghệ mang đến cho ta những tiện ích tiện nghi giúp chúng ta ứng dụng vào đời sống và công việc một cách tốt nhất. Và kể đó là 2 dòng máy photocopy konica và dòng máy photo xerox. Đây là 2 dòng máy phát triển sớm nhất và mạnh mẽ nhất trong các dòng máy hiện nay. Nếu chúng ta biết ứng dụng nó quả là một điều tuyệt vời. Các bạn xem qua các dòng máy đó tại đây: Dòng máy photocopy konica http://haiminhco.com.vn/may-photocopy-konica-minolta và dòng máy photocopy xerox http://haiminhco.com.vn/may-photocopy-xerox

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page