Panic Attacks and Anxiety - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
Forum Jump: 

#1 of Old 05-12-2009, 03:48 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I have been suffering with these for the last few weeks finally went into the Dr and all he gave me was a type of valium in a long extended release form. He also said I should see my Gyno and go on a antidepressant. Any one else suffer with this if so what did they do for you?

I am a proud wife to a hard working man Russ
and I have two wonderful kids Hannah and Will!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM

I have anxiety and take 150 mg of Wellbutrin a day. I had a prescription for Attivan (sort of like Xanax--not as strong), but I didn't refill it and only have three or four left. I have not had a panic attack in about a year, but if I had one I would take an Attivan, too. I think the Wellbutrin really helps with everything. I also pray a lot. No joke. I think the praying helps more than anything.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#3 of Old 05-12-2009, 04:14 PM - Thead Starter

I have started yoga and praying alot. Clonazepam is what he put me on and I feel like I am in a fog. He is hoping I can take this for 2 weeks and then if they dont stop I will be going on effexor or paxil

I am a proud wife to a hard working man Russ
and I have two wonderful kids Hannah and Will!

#4 of Old 05-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Likes Earned: 25
Likes Given: 12
I was on Zoloft for a number of years. Then a couple of months ago, I went off it and started 5 HTP which is a natural suppliment that causes the body to produce more seratonin. I have not had depression or anxiety since I switched. However, I did not start this program until my symptoms had been under control for quite awhile. Also, it is not safe to take SSRIs and 5 HTP at the same time. So if you are worried that you may have to spend your whole life on antidepressants, there is an alternative, but I would wait until you've been feeling better for awhile before making the switch.
#5 of Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Addicted Member

I have had panic disorder for almost 12 years. The best thing I did was go to behavioral therapy. I didn't go for long but it helped me learn how to cope with it and what to do when I had a panic attack. I don't take meds, and don't like the idea of it. When you have a panic attack redirect your mind and take slow deep breaths.
#6 of Old 08-25-2009, 09:11 AM

When panic attack is too severe, breathing and meditation won't help, taking antidepressant is a must
#7 of Old 07-06-2010, 04:37 AM

I was diagnosed with panic disorder a long time ago, went to college, made new friends and things got better. I was also put on antidepressents, when feeling better was told I would get depressed again if I stopped taking them but I didn't listen to reason and have been fine for 10 years now.
#8 of Old 09-29-2012, 02:28 AM

Frustration and depression are part of our daily life.Some time they badly influenced our life.We can't complete rid to them but it is chance to minimize frustration.

Set simple goals in our daily work.
Use simple ways to achieve our target.
Don't be panic,every thing can be possible in this world.
Eat healthy and drink maximum water.
Avoid bad company and also bad habits like smoking,drinking etc.
Do exercise daily,at least morning walk necessary.
Be happy and keep other happy.
#9 of Old 12-08-2016, 10:46 PM

If left untreated, panic attacks can lead to panic disorder and other problems. They may even cause you to withdraw from normal activities. But panic attacks can be cured sooner if you seek help and get any anxiety disorder treatment.
#10 of Old 12-29-2016, 09:33 PM

My elder sister had the same problem.
#11 of Old 02-09-2017, 01:29 AM

Be that as it may, I didn't begin this program until my side effects had been under control for a moment. Likewise, it is not protected to take Research Paper for Me in the meantime. So on the off chance that you are stressed that you may need to spend your entire life on antidepressants, there is an option, yet I would hold up until you've been feeling better for a spell before doing the switch.
#12 of Old 02-15-2017, 10:30 PM

I think you can try meditation. It is very helpful.
#13 of Old Today, 12:22 AM

My sister was also having this same problem, so she had started doing yoga.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page