Davisson murder defendants all receive change of venue
By: Linda Fuerst December 11, 2002
None of the six defendants accused of murder in the Rocky Davisson case will face trial in Polk County; all six have been granted changes of venue. Trial dates were scheduled this week for two of the accused; the others are still pending.
* David Jarnagin, 32, has been granted a change of venue to Webster County. In addition to second-degree murder and kidnapping, he is also charged with escape from custody, damage to jail property and second-degree burglary. His trial is set for Oct. 20-22, 2003, in Marshfield. He is still being held in the Greene County Jail.
* Terry W. Garzee, 41, has been granted a change of venue to Benton County. His trial is set for Oct. 27-29, 2003, in Warsaw. He has been transferred to the Benton County Jail.
* Mickel D. Garrett, 27, was previously granted a change of venue to Dallas County. He is set to appear in court there tomorrow (Thursday) to set a trial date. He has remained in the Polk County Jail due to lack of space in Dallas County.
* Denise L. Blake, 45, has been granted a change of venue to Webster County. She will be moved to the Webster County Jail and will appear in court in Marshfield on Jan. 10 to set a trial date.
* Ricky K. Herbert, 32, has been granted a change of venue to Wright County. He will be moved to the Wright County Jail and will appear in court in Hartville Jan. 28 to set a trial date. Herbert already has a trial date of March 20-21, 2003, in Polk County on a charge of felony conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine.
* Jason M. Withnell, 22, was previously granted a change of venue to Benton County. He is due to appear there April 9, 2003, to set a trial date. He has been transferred to the Benton County Jail.
Seven defendants are charged with hindering prosecution in the case and are set to reappear in Polk County Circuit Court. Neal Soncrant, 20, will appear Jan. 8; Claude Jarnagin Sr., 67, and Claude "Bo" Jarnagin Jr., 34, will appear Jan. 13; James Lee Cates, 34, will appear Feb. 10; Roxanna Jarnagin, 31, Roxanne Evans, 23, and Kim Herbert, 27, will appear March 10.
According to arrest affidavits, the 31-year-old Davisson was tied to a tree at Garzee's home while a group of people punched, kicked and hit him. Davisson's body was found dumped alongside a rural Hickory County road on July 12.
©Herald-Free Press 2002
They actually tied this guy to a tree with chains and as each person walked past him they would dump beer on him, pee on him and so on. I hope all of these people really get what they deserve. This poor man died an awful painful death. This all happened during a party.