Say you got a gift card - Page 2 - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 10-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't know it was Macy's. Tammy is right, they have GREAT sales, they took over Foleys and their "red apple sales". If you wait for their sales, you can totally clean up. You just have to shop is all....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 10-24-2007, 04:21 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann2
I didn't know it was Macy's. Tammy is right, they have GREAT sales, they took over Foleys and their "red apple sales". If you wait for their sales, you can totally clean up. You just have to shop is all....
Well I didn't mention where in the begining cause I know some of ya all shop there adn high end to me is different than some of you. So I just wanted opinions based on what ya all thought before knowing the store.

Shopping for me has become painful sicne Kev put the kabosh on 95% of it. I think things over 1000 times before buying it and then wonder 1000x more if he's gonna have a hissy fit. And I think because he told me to make sure that I got things we needed that I tend to think things over 100x more ontop of it. We don't really NEED anything.

I've always looked at their sales and thought wow - but it's still kinda above me. There are somethings that I saw that I liked. so maybe I'll head back there (with a stroller for P ) so I can check out the racks closer. and it would be nice to update my wardrobe from basic jeans and t-s.
#33 of 37 Old 10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Weren't you talking about a new vacuum? Check out housewares too...

#34 of 37 Old 10-24-2007, 06:25 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Yep - I already ordered the vaccuum - it will be here tomorrow But I stil have almost $2000 left to spend.
#35 of 37 Old 10-24-2007, 08:48 PM

Likes Earned: 0
The vacume! That was a great idea. I shop at Macy's and Lord & Taylor (similar) and have gotten some great bargains. You will do good on off season stuff. Maybe pick up some cropped pants for next spring. ??? But if it's becoming more of a pita then sell the cards and go somewhere you're more comfortable.

Personally, I'd pick up a new suit (or 2) and a couple pair of shoes and maybe a fancy dress for the holidays. But if you don't want that kind of stuff then why bother? If I had the time to deal with ebay then I might do that and use the money for Christmas presents.
#36 of 37 Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Can you go in and buy something for around 2000K and then return it in a week or two this way you don't lose the face value of the card?? Or will they just give you store credit again. Probably knowing Macy's.
#37 of 37 Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

It just goes on store credit. I have a non expiring card. So I'm not in a hurry.

I'd like to get some nice dress/church type clothes. SO maybe I'll head back that way when I have more time to peruse the racks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page