Budgeting Tips - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

Budgeting Tips

User Tag List

Spaggie's Avatar Spaggie
07:18 AM 02-02-2011

I am working on our budget (again) and trying to figure out how we can put away at least a little bit each month and still have some wiggle room for playing - renting movies or eating out once in a while.  Anyone have any tips they would like to share?  

LittleBit's Avatar LittleBit
07:53 AM 02-02-2011

The best tip I have for all of that is to not spend your change...   Try to pay cash for things and then whenever you break a bill drop the change in a jar and DONT spend that change.  I managed to save $300 in 6 months doing that.  It doesn't work here anymore because Jim and the Girls both raid the change jar for junk machines and the pencil machines at school (why when they have pencils is beyond me)

Spaggie's Avatar Spaggie
08:20 AM 02-02-2011

I already save all my change.  We end up using it when things get tight for food or gas, sometimes if one of the kids needs a little extra for school.  We emptied it recently, but I have already saved of $20 is just over a week or so.  I do pretty much use cash for everything - so when it's gone, it's gone.  Keeps me from getting overdrawn - most of the time!  :-)

wardcosbyson's Avatar wardcosbyson
10:03 PM 02-22-2011

I found this one a couple weeks back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-TfJ_pPdts&feature=relmfu ...Good luck!smile.gif

Reply Up