My Daughter is soon to be a Toddler ! I need Help! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-06-2001, 05:07 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Daughter is soon to be a Toddler ! I need Help!
I have A seven month old little girl. She will be turning 8 months old on Jan. 23,2001. Her 1st Birthday is May 23rd,2001. I need help on how to budget for a First Birthday Party. You See My Husband and I are Barely Making Ends meet now! We need help on how to budget for things.
We want to give Our Daughter a Birthday Party with a Noah's Ark Theme to it . We also want our families to be there. Can AnyOne Help Us Please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-09-2001, 09:18 PM

my son is only 6 mo old- havent been there yet. my only suggestion is- don't over do it. your youngster won't even remember this bday. it is probably more important to you than the baby. try to do invites on the computer or even e mail as many as possible. just catch the sales and places like factory card outlet etc.
#3 of 7 Old 01-27-2001, 04:08 PM
Mia

Birthdays and babies are a toughie....it's very easy to go overboard, but the fact is, the baby will only be aware of loving arms and laughter around him/her...not if the napkins match the balloons, etc... Have a little cake and ice cream, invite some family over, and just have a fun time chatting and catching up. Take pictures, and you'll be preserving memories, too.

#4 of 7 Old 01-31-2001, 08:15 PM - Thead Starter

We are going to have Family and very close friends to share her birthday with us! We are going to have Birthday Cake and probably finger foods juice water and maybe some koolaid and maybe some soda and maybe some IceCream!
#5 of 7 Old 06-01-2001, 10:56 AM

Been there - facing it again.

Two suggestions:

1) Have the party at 3 pm. Then you don't have to worry about food. Have a bowl of chips or some snack, make your own cake and buy the generic big tubs of ice cream.

2) For my dd's 2nd b-day, we had a potluck. We asked each person to bring a specific dish - baked beans, macaroni salad, potato salad, etc. We supplied hamburgs and hotdogs (which you can get pretty cheap at the warehouse clubs), bread from the discount grocery and our own condiments. I always make our own cake and decorate it to match the theme. I also make a big sign for the child on poster board.

For my dd's 3rd b-day, we had a cowboy theme (Toy Story) and everyone dressed like cowboys, we had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows. Everyone had fun!

If I think of any more, I'll let you know.
#6 of 7 Old 06-19-2001, 07:52 PM

For my son's first birthday this is what I did: We just invited family. I made the cake myself. If you watch the sales ads and use coupons you can almost always find a cake mix for very cheap. I also made cupcakes for the little kids to eat instead of giving them a piece of cake. It fed more people. We have a store here called the card factory outlet store. They have VERY cheap party items like cups, plates etc. We also have a store here called T.J. Maxx that carries discontinued items and items that have something wrong with them (although I can never tell what it is). My theme was classic pooh and I was able to get all of my invitations for under $2.00. I didn't do party games or give favors because he was only one, but you could always give candy and put it in sacks that are decorated. That is all I can think of for now. Good luck to you!
#7 of 7 Old 06-19-2001, 09:38 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Those are all great ideas. I know some where, where you live they have a dollar store. they to carry B-day plates and things like that. Balllons they also have and I even think they carry water balloons. Just make your cake or cupcakes, buy the big bucket of ice cream and if any is left your family can have it for dessert or a treat.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page