Generic Diapers? - Page 3 - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 05-18-2001, 06:46 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like Luvs the best but I think the next best thing that's inexpensive, compared to other brands, is White Cloud. You can get them at Wal-Mart. One leaked one time during the night but other that that I've had no problems.

Tami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 69 Old 07-21-2001, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn
I'm afraid they, the last plastic diaper in existence, will soon be going to the "cloth-like" cover I despise!
[/B]
Dawn:
Can I ask why you don't like the cloth-like cover?
Just curious.

I didnt like pampers at all until they changed to the cloth-like cover. They never leak and even in the morning, Jenna's skin is dry. She has never had any rashes!
The only other diaper we tried was huggies and NEVER AGAIN! They leave a horrible residue and Jenna always smelled like urine! I tried many different kinds of huggies and no matter what she always smelled wet.
I am too leary to use generic because diapers are SO expensive. Pamper are costly but the new pampers perks program is attractive. I saved the UPC codes and already have received a Fisher price little peoples house. Jenna loves it! Makes me feel like I am getting something for my money
My pet peeve with pampers is they hardly ever send out coupons. I have huggie coupons coming outta my ears...but I feel blessed when I see a coupon for pampers.
#63 of 69 Old 07-21-2001, 03:14 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I just never have. They leak through the diaper and out the legs. Pampers was my preference until they changed their style.

#64 of 69 Old 07-21-2001, 03:21 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Jennajbb~Have you checked your newspaper, or signed up for coupons on the pampers website? I am always getting coupons for Pampers, at least once a month....I know what you mean about the huggies coupons...I have way to many of them!!
#65 of 69 Old 07-21-2001, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

I thought the coupon offers were only for the US but I will check again. Thanks
(there hasn't been ANY in the newspaper...just sometimes there are in store coupons that I grab a whole bunch of
#66 of 69 Old 07-23-2001, 09:37 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
I have baby due in 4 weeks and have not yet bought any diapers. I have been trying to figure out what kind to get and if it really makes much difference. I have a ton of huggies coupons (from $1-$5 off any size pack) so i thought i might go with those to save some $$ initially. I had decided to use pampers- have a few coupons there. But my hospital seems to promote huggies. They give samples and coupons out regularly. So now after reading everyones posts I am somewhat more confused as to what brand will work best. I am willing to Spend more $$ if baby isn't going to leak.
#67 of 69 Old 07-23-2001, 10:26 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am once again disappointed it Huggies.....I decided to give Huggies supreme a try(Devon still wears diapers at night). I spent $20.00 on a super mega pack and they suck(for lack of a better word). Devon hardly used the bathroom in them and he smelled to high heaven of pee. He still got the gel stuff all over him, and it's **** to get off. He maybe went 2 times in that diaper last night, so I don't understand why you pay so much money and get nothing in return. This NEVER happened with Pampers Premium.....so I suggest that if your willing to spend the money, then get pampers premium....they really are the best in my opinion.

I should have never bought them but they had the cute little winnie the pooh stuff on it and Devon loves Pooh, so I gave in! Never again!
#68 of 69 Old 07-23-2001, 11:31 PM

FoodLion Diaper recieved a -10 from me

They really sucked... to say the least. They were ok for during the day when i could change De'Andrew every 2 hours but nap time and at night.. he leaked. My advice..

DO NOT BUY THEM!
#69 of 69 Old 07-24-2001, 09:50 AM

Well Pampers Premium is my all time favorite...but they are pretty expensive so I do not regularly buy them unless they are on sale and I have a good coupon. I also like Drypers, but for some reason I haven't been able to find them. I have been using White Cloud a lot lately and they seem pretty good. I hate the Kmart brand (think it's called soft stretch?) this is also the same brand you can get at the dollar store. They have muppet babies on them. My son wears them for two minutes and he is leaking. I have had the same problem with the Wal-mart brand as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page