Is it hard for you to save money? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 12:21 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it hard for you to save money? Why or why not? Is it easier to save if you are saving back for something specific?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 12:51 AM

We can not save money bc there is never enough to stretch far enough to save anything I am usually pretty good at saving our tax refund and making it last as long as possible.

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Contest and a $25 GC!
#3 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
I have never been one to save $$. Doesn't matter if I am saving for something or not

#4 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
We can't save money at all. In the few months before Christmas, if we get extra money for gifts then we have to go buy them asap because we know the money won't make it to a designated present buying week.
We have to go months at a time scrimping and saving and when we get extra money it is really hard to do anything but splurge on ourselves for a few days.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#5 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 10:01 AM

Save money???

Anytime there is anything extra it goes to a bill or something else pops up.
#6 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Addicted Member

YES! No matter what we do, we spend too much. Granted we pay off credit cards every month, so that hurts us, but I can't get above a certain amount of money in savings and it kills me! We are in the process of paying our one big card (I just sent in $1500 :faint) and have one other to pay off. But DH is going to be working a ton of OT the next few weeks to get as much money as possible so we can try and get rid of them before maternity leave and save a little more than we have. It is always 1 step forward, 2 steps back... as a matter of fact, after having the conversation about the OT and paying this and saving that... last night he comes home and says after I get that big check from OT, I want to look at wood flooring cos I know you want that in the living room. Well, yes I do and that is sweet, BUT NO! It is going to bills. Besides I would rather, and it is more practical, to take the cost of wood floor and use it to fence in the yard, which we have needed to do forever! MEN!!!
#7 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Special Member

We are usually pretty good about saving. We have a set amount that we put into savings each month, but the last few we haven't because things have come up that we needed to spend that amount on - repairs to the house, tires, birthday presents etc. We are fortunate that what we bring in pays the bills, buys groceries and that there's still some to put into savings.
#8 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
I'm with Lisa, but not due to anything I do! Billy is sooo good about working on our savings account. They say you should have 6 months worth saved incase of illness or emgergency, but we've never had that much put away!
#9 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 02:49 PM - Thead Starter

We put money back each month and are trying to build our savings up. It's hard because there are so many things we'd like to do moneywise but we feel better having a little cushion built up.
#10 of 11 Old 08-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Special Member

I'm pretty good about saving money, especially if there's something special I need to save for. We have direct deposit into one of our savings accounts, so that helps. I don't like to spend money on things that I don't feel are necessities, (which explains why I have ugly, but functional furniture.)
#11 of 11 Old 08-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Special Member

We are terrible at saving money, but we really don't make enough to do it anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page