[Week 35] Real contractions? Fake Contractions? Water broke? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-19-2001, 09:45 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UGH! This last week has been unreal. I've been fighting a sinus infection, which doesn't help matters at all. I stopped by the doctor's office this morning and requested a blood pressure check because of the headaches, dizziness and naseau, but they confirmed everything was A-OK and it was probably my sinuses.

Now, to top it off, I've been debating whether or not my water has a slow leak in it. Of course, with a 6 pound baby kicking my bladder, it could always be something else. All grossness aside, it really doesn't smell like urine ... but I hate to go to the doctor just to be told that I've peed in my pants. LOL I did that with Jessi. On the other hand, I didn't even realize my water had broken with Cody until I got to the hospital and they checked me. But what are the odds my water would break prior to labor with all 3???? There's only a 5% chance it would happen once!

I've been having BH contractions for awhile now, but they are starting to get very uncomfortable. I keep trying to convince myself that I've just been doing too much cleaning and carrying Cody around lately, but I'm not sure. They really remind me of the early labor pains that I got with the last two. They're starting to almost "burn" and I feel them in my back as well as my side/front of my abdomen.

It's awful early for that .. especially considering my first two didn't exactly make an easy entrance in the world -- heck, they had to be yanked from the comfort of my womb!

Jeesh -- I wish there was a definitive way to tell what was going on with my body -- like a big neon sign that flashes to tell me "this is it!"

Since I'm sure that it's not the real thing, we're still on for another sonogram and possible induction/planned c-section in 3 weeks. That's not long at all now that I think about it!

I'll take advantage of this holiday weekend to have Mike drag up all of baby stuff so that we can clean it up. I think I have everything that I need at this point, so it's just a matter of setting it up. I guess I'll go ahead and pack my hospital bag -- just to be ready! Half the stuff can't go in until I'm on my way out the door ... but I can have some of it ready!

Well -- I'm off to bath the kids and put my feet up. Hopefully all these little aches and pains will go away! If not, maybe I'll have a different kind of entry next time. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-19-2001, 09:51 PM

Dawn - if it hasn't stopped by tomorrow, PLEASE call the doctor. I am now very worried about you - how long now have they been worse??

Look at it this way - read the journal entry, and pretend it was MY post - what would you tell me to do??
#3 of 9 Old 11-19-2001, 09:53 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hope you start feeling better! Hang in there! I cant believe how close you are!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

#4 of 9 Old 11-19-2001, 09:55 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

LOL -- I'm paying attention and I've already called DH at work and told him he may be coming home early. Trust me, they aren't strong enough to do anything at this point -- so I'm just going to keep an eye on things for awhile.

Besides, I'll never forget when I was pregnant with Cody and had what turned out to be Round Ligament Pain. The nurse said to me "don't you remember what labor pains feel like?" Umm ... no. I chose to block them out of my mind.

Alot of it too is that I've just run out of room. When the baby moves, it literally hurts. Factor all that together ... and I'm just being paranoid, I know.

But I can be hopeful ... can't I??? Thanks for the concern ... it's nice to know that someone's looking out for me! Believe me, if it gets any worse, I won't hesitate to call the doctor!
#5 of 9 Old 11-19-2001, 10:11 PM

LOL Dawn-who wants to remember labor pains??? I sure don't. I can't believe that a woman asked you that.

Okay, I'm glad you are paying attention...just take it easy!!!

Here I am, dragging my feet trying to find someone with a digital camera so I can send you a pic of the Pooh crib set. The baby will be in college when you get the picture at the rate I'm going. If I hear you went into labor, I'm shipping it off first thing in the morning!!!
#6 of 9 Old 11-19-2001, 10:15 PM

Dawn, Take care of yourself. If you aren't feeling any better call the doctor. Thats is what they are there for. Let us know how you are doing!
#7 of 9 Old 11-19-2001, 11:46 PM

Dawn - you had better keep us posted - now I am imagining you going off to the hospital, and we won't find out for days!!

Even if it is just 'I am still doing OK'
#8 of 9 Old 11-20-2001, 02:36 PM

Dawn,
That's weird cos I am having the same pains. It almost feels like period cramps, its really warm and it hurts in my lower back and hips. My baby has dropped, I know it has. It is laying lower in my belly and I pee EVERY HOUR on the dot!!!! I am also having problems doing a #2. But I'm sure none of you want to know about that!!! LOL

Let us know how things are going. Wouldnt that be something if we both had our babys at the same time? Only 35 days left!!! Its getting close!!!

Expecting Kaileigh Patricia or Thomas Joseph lV on 12/31/01!!!
#9 of 9 Old 11-20-2001, 03:17 PM

Dawn, sorry your having some pretty uncomfortable pains. I'm w/ you......I try and block out what labor pains feel like!! I too went into the hospital w/ bad pain and the nurse told me it was round ligament pain.

Keep us posted and try to take it easy. I'm getting so excited for you!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page