[Week 37] Nowhere near ready to drop this bundle yet! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-29-2001, 09:39 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I finally made it to 36 weeks! We're on the homeward stretch now folks!!!!

Of course, I was not the least bit shocked when the doctor did my first internal exam yesterday and told me that I'm not the least bit dilated or effaced. Surprise, surprise. I never dilated with the other two kids either ... even after my water broke.

I was so hoping this one would go easier, but I'm not expecting it. I went out and bought some Primrose today, which they say helps ripen the cervix, and I'll probably try the good ole fashioned way ... which will please Mike! I think I'll start walking a little bit each day too. Can't hurt ... well, technically, it can hurt me, but not the baby. LOL

I've been having some strange pains right down the middle of my belly -- it felt like something was tearing or a muscle stretching past capacity. I finally called the nurse today and explained it ... it starts about my belly button and goes straight up 3 inches or so. It only seems to bother me when the baby is pressing against the center of my abdomen (he usually favors one side or the other). She says that the abdominal muscles actually separate around the uterus, so I probably was feeling the muscles being stretched to capacity. Makes sense and at least I know there is nothing to worry about.

Other than that, the same little annoying aches and pains, sleepless nights, and frequent trips to the bathroom. I've decided that last week's wetness was attributable to 6 pounds playing hackey sack with my bladder. I didn't even mention it to the doctor this week ... feels silly.

I'm having such a hard time sleeping ... and by 6pm, I'm ready to zonk. Too bad the kids are wide open! Maybe I should keep them out of my chocolate stash!

The doc says we're still on for a sonogram the week after next ... then we'll decide what to do. Hopefully I'll be induced the same week. Wow -- it's finally almost here!

Mike and I are finally starting to get excited about bringing home a new baby. I think that with the surprise of the pregnancy, dealing with Jessi and Cody, Mike changing jobs and us relocating soon, we really haven't had time to think much about it up until now. Over the holiday weekend we brought up the rest of the baby stuff, cleaned it up, finished up the nursery and washed the rest of the baby clothes. I also packed the baby's hospital bag, although I haven't done mine yet. I guess that's when reality set in ... we're talking only days until we meet our new son!

In the meantime, we're trying to get Cody situated in his own bed. That's been rather fun. It's hard to keep a kid in bed when there are no rails to confine him! Last night he actually stayed in there until 4:30am, so maybe we're getting there. I have to admit though, he is rather cute when he comes wandering in our room with a blankie in one hand and a big teddy in the other.

Well off to figure out what to do with these primrose capsules to get this baby ready! Hopefully I'll have better news after next week's doctor visit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-29-2001, 09:47 PM
Special Member

Wow Dawn!!
I cant beleive it is coming up so fast!!!! I know how you feel right at the end! You would give anything to have the baby come early. I remeber feeling the same way to,b ut now I cant beleive my baby will be a month old already on Monday!!!
Take care of yourself and get lots of rest!!
#3 of 5 Old 11-29-2001, 09:53 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yipee! I'm so excited for you!! You're almost there!!!

The last weeks are so tuff, and I hope you are able to get some rest before Tyler comes!! If I lived closer, I would come help you out!

Hang in there!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

#4 of 5 Old 11-30-2001, 06:18 AM

Reading your journal is like Im reading my own. I am having a lot of the same problems as you. I cannot sleep either. My bed is so uncomfy to me. I cant wait until I can sleep on my tummy again!!! I cant wait to be normal. Im sure you feel the same way.

Maybe we will have our babys on the same day. My ultrasound said I am due Dec 24 and not the 31st so I am at 37 weeks too. My doctor told me that my cervix is softening. I dont know if that means I am getting any closer or what.

Im glad to hear everthing is going fairly well, except for the pains. I can sympathize. My little on LOVES to use my bladder as a pillow. I can just see it snuggling agains it. LOL.

I cant believe how close we are!!! I have about 25 more days!!! That is soooo soon!!!! Im so excited for you!!
#5 of 5 Old 11-30-2001, 10:42 AM

Whoo Hoo Dawn!!!!! Yea!! I know that you can't wait to get Tyler out! I hope those Primrose Capsules work, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page