[Week 38] An unexpected trip to the doctor - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-04-2001, 12:12 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well last night was interesting, to say the least. They're not kidding when they say each pregnancy is different! We were sitting on the couch last night, contemplating crawling in the hot tub because I was particularly miserable for some reason last night. All of a sudden, the baby started moving like it was fighting to get out. I have never felt or seen anything so odd in my life!

We used to joke about having an alien inside, but I have to tell you .... this beat all. Words can not even explain it. We sat there in shock watching him ... wondering if something was wrong. I nearly passed out it was so intense.

This went on for a few minutes, then stopped just as quickly. It took nearly an hour for me to get anymore movement out of him, and when I did, it was limited compared to normal. This morning, he was still quite passive compared to normal, so I called the nurse and she had me come in for a NST.

Everything checked out just fine ... he's as normal as can be. She was concerned that maybe he turned breech, so she ran a quick sonogram to confirm he's still head down.

I have no clue what was going on last night, but I hope I don't experience it again! That was too weird for me! But I guess the end result is that everything appears normal, so I go back tomorrow to discuss induction vs. scheduling a c-section -- hopefully as early as next week!

Yahoo! We're getting there! That's my weird story for the day ... hopefully we'll have an otherwise dull 24 hours until I get back in there tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 12-04-2001, 01:02 PM

I'm glad that they did an ultrasound to make sure that the baby hadn't turned to a breech position - I had that almost same sensation once, and that is exactly what happened - Andie had turned to sit head up!! Luckily three nights later, he reversed again in the middle of the night - waking me up in the process!!

Sounds like you have an active baby on your hands, Dawn!!! Andie has been go -go - GO!!! from the first day! Much more so than Richie ever was...
#3 of 10 Old 12-04-2001, 01:08 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, that is weird! I'm glad they checked to make sure everything was okay!! I would have been so worried! He sounds like an active little guy!

I tell you when I was pregnant with Devon I swear he was trying to "get out" near the very end! It hurt so bad, I dont even know how to put it into words. Thank goodness I went into labor at 38 1/2 weeks. I cant imagine feeling like you did last night. Yikes.

Woo Hoo, you are almost there!!! I am so excited for you!!

I hope tonight is much better for you!!

#4 of 10 Old 12-04-2001, 11:38 PM

Glad everything checked out good.

He just wanted to let you know that he is excited that his time to see his mommy and daddy is drawing near. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)
#5 of 10 Old 12-04-2001, 11:46 PM

maybe he felt like dancing
#6 of 10 Old 12-05-2001, 12:43 AM
Addicted Member

I am hoping and praying you go into labor on your own SOON. I bet last night was wierd. This kid keeps kicking my tail bone and I thought that was wierd. I am so glad that everything is ok now.
#7 of 10 Old 12-05-2001, 01:01 AM

WOW! That must have been a surprise! Glad that everything was okay. Cannot wait to hear that you have had that baby!! I want to be a Aunt Diana, okay? !!! GOOD LUCK! You are in my thoughts and prayers each day!
#8 of 10 Old 12-05-2001, 03:52 AM
Special Member

Wow! That sounds neat and weird at the same time!! Would deffinently scare me a bit! Im glad that everything was okay with you and the baby! I didn't realize you were sooooo close to birth! I can't wait to hear that you have your baby and see pics and all. It gets me excited thinking about it Babies are such a wonderful gift! You and your family are in my prayers! Good luck!!!
#9 of 10 Old 12-05-2001, 12:25 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
LOL @ Tracy!!!!! Maybe he WAS in a dancing mood

That does sound wierd and I'm glad the ultrasound turned out ok. I'm excited to hear about your new bundle of joy when he's born!
#10 of 10 Old 12-05-2001, 12:35 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Wow Dawn! That sounds like an experience!

Soon you will have a little one again and VERY soon!!

Hopefully it is soon and not over Christmas so that you are not in the hospital. Before or after would be good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page