[Week 39] One Week and Counting! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-14-2001, 02:27 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's hard to believe that one week from now, I'll be in the recovery room looking at my new bundle of joy. WOW! It's even harder to believe that one week from now, I'll be the mother of THREE kids!

I guess I'm about as ready as I'm going to be. I packed my bag the other day and other than cleaning up the basinette, we've got the nursery put together. I'm still a bit nervous about the whole surgery thing, but right now I'm so miserable that I can forget about my fears and just concentrate on being done!

I try so hard not to dwell on the negative ... I mean I know I'm lucky to be having this baby. But the last few weeks are just plain miserable! Even my doctor looked at me the other day, and without even asking how I was doing, told me that he could tell I was miserable.

My pelvic muscles feel like they are going to fall out ... and when they do, I'm sure those hemmoroids will come with them. Sorry to be so graphic -- just being honest here! I feel like Tyler is just using my bladder for kick-boxing practice ... and he hits that dag-blamed nerve everytime!

I've been getting these pains in my lower back that I start to think are contractions, but there is not rhyme or reason, leaving me to assume it is yet another nerve that Little Bit has hit. I can't get enough water to drink, but when my bladder fills up, it's pure pain. I get up at least once per hour during the night, and it takes a good 5 minutes to even get my achy self out of bed. Then I go to the bathroom, walk around the house once to stretch out, then take another 5 minutes getting back into bed and comfortable. When it's all said and done, I'm only sleeping about 45 minutes at a shot. No wonder I feel like I've been run over by a train!

My poor stomach keeps going from one extreme to another. I've had low iron recently, so I'm doubled up on iron pills. We know what that does to your stomach! As it is, my stomach is pretty well squished which makes it difficult to eat. I have no appetite anyway, so it's just as well. If I do try to eat, I get nauseous, but if I don't eat, I get massive heartburn. Which incidentally, I have eaten more Tums in the last month than the entire pregnancy put together! I'll be interested to see if this kid also has a head full of hair!

So, with all that complaining, I'm pretty much just hanging around, taking it easy & waiting for next Friday. The house looks like a bomb went off, although I did get a short burst of energy last night and managed to clean the bathrooms (what didn't involve bending over). I nap whenever I can, then catch up on email the rest of the time. I have a list of things that I need to get done this weekend as I expect next week will pretty much be a bust. I've got a doctor's appointment Wednesday (my last!), pre-op Thursday, and the big day is Friday! Somewhere I have to fit in one last trip to the grocery store and Babies R Us (to spend the gift card my MIL sent us for Christmas!) and a few other last minute errands.

With everything so well planned, I fully expect my water to break early, throwing my entire schedule out the window. LOL Not that I would complain, but I have babysitters lined up and each day next week pretty well planned. Oh well ... I'll take what I can get!

Wow -- what a long entry. Perhaps I should try writing more often. Thanks for listening to me whine ... hopefully there won't be many more entries like this one, although I'm sure I'll be complaining of post-op aches and pains next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-14-2001, 02:36 PM

Dawn - Complain all you like...that's what we're here for. Oh, you poor thing! At the time of your life when you need the most sleep, why does mother nature do that to us? 45 minutes at a time??

I did the same thing with Tums - of course, there was one color that I couldn't stand, so we had these bottles all over the house filled with green Tums. Plus, in our bedroom, we only have a nightstand next to Randies side of the bed, and so every time I woke up with flames shooting up my esophagus, I would have to wake him up so he could hand one or two over. And I had a fit if it was a green one! LOL I can't believe I actually miss those days.

Dawn - I can't believe that you will have THREE kids either!

Well, try to rest this week - although it doesn't sound like you will be able to. I hope you find time to fit in all that has to be done. Good luck!
#3 of 7 Old 12-14-2001, 07:04 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Oh wow Dawn!! Who knew 9 months went so fast. I can remember when you told me and how shocked you were.

Are Cody and Jessi ready for baby Tyler?

I am sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable! That sucks that you can't any more sleep than 45 mins at a time!

The week will go fast and you will be a new mommy again! Yay! I can't wait to see little Tyler!!

#4 of 7 Old 12-14-2001, 07:05 PM

Poor Dawn!! I feel for you, but I do understand where you are coming from. I used to drink Those Tums tablets, I think we had to buy a new bottle every couple of days. Maybe that's why Faith was so big, because I bought the ones with extra calcium! Tee Hee. I am so excited for you, but sad that you have to go through so much pain. Try to take it easy, and Whine whenever you feel like it!!
#5 of 7 Old 12-14-2001, 07:20 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh Dawn--I hope you get some relief soon! The last weeks are sooo tuff, so vent away, we are all here for you!!!

I'll be praying for everything to go smoothly for you!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
#6 of 7 Old 12-14-2001, 08:06 PM

Julie, I am right with you, I HATE the green Tums!!! LOL!!!

Aww, Dawn. I know exactly how you feel. I have been in so much pain lately that I have been walking with a cane!!!! LOL!!! Dont you hate it when you get nice and comfy in your bed (FINALLY!!) and you hve to get up to pee, and when you sit on the potty you get a trickle to come out!?!?!?! And it feels like you had about 2 gallons in there. Nothing makes me more angry. Tommy only like to kick or punch it when its nice and full too.

I hope the remainder of your p/g goes well. I feel lke I am in a race with you and Lammypie to see who goes into labor first. Well, if nothing happens between now and Friday atleast you know it wont go any longer than that. Wouldnt it be something if your water broke like Thursday night?

Just take it easy cos you know you will be needing the rest after your 3rd child is born!!!! Enjoy it while you still can. Get that husband of yours to clean up the bomb explosion in your house. I hope everything goes smoothly Friday, if not sooner. Let us know how everything goes. I cant wait to see pictures!!!!!!

(((((HUGS))))))

The race is on!!!!!!!! J/K
#7 of 7 Old 12-15-2001, 01:11 AM
Addicted Member

Dawn,

Don't feel bad about complaining, I am getting ready to do some of that in my journal as well. I know you must be miserable, but at least you have no more than a week to go. Just keep saying that over and over.
I hope you get to feeling better, and don't worry about how the house looks, you have more important things on your mind right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page