[Week 40]1 day and a Wake up! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-19-2001, 07:22 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The day draws nearer! As my husband keeps saying, only 1 more day and a wake up ... hard to believe!

Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment and I'm getting extremely nervous! On the other hand, I'm so ready to just have this over with and get back home with my new baby. It's hard to believe this will be the last time that I'm pregnant, but I don't believe that I'm going to miss it too much. I think I've had more than my share -- I calculated the other day that I've actually been pregnant for a total of over 2 1/2 years! I think that's plenty for this old body!

I've been forced to pretty much just lay around with my feet elevated this entire week. On Saturday, we were getting ready to go out and look at Christmas lights when I noticed that I had swelled up something awful! I could barely get my clothes or shoes on, but I wasn't too concerned at that point. While we were out driving around, I started feeling pretty bad so we stopped at the drug store and I took my blood pressure. It was pretty high for me, so we came back home and I've been taking it easy ever since. It was high again today at my doctor's appointment, but after laying down for a few minutes, it checked out close to normal. Since it's so close to my surgery and my blood pressure was only borderline high, the doctor wasn't too worried.

However, my feet are still huge and have been all week! Just 5 minutes on them and there's a huge difference. I swear I look like I have the feet of Fred Flinstone!

Besides, I'm just ready to get this week over with. I don't think my nerves can take much more, so I just try to sleep/rest away the days until Friday gets here!

I just found out today that I will probably get a Spinal Block instead of an Epidural, so I've been trying to research the difference in the two procedures. So far, I haven't seen much difference other than some side effects, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow at my pre-op appointment.

We finally picked up our double stroller today .. not sure what I think about it, but I guess I'll get used to it! I really never thought I'd have two kids in diapers/strollers at the same time, so it's still a bit of a shock!

Tomorrow ought to keep me busy enough not to really think about how nervous I am. After my pre-op, which should take a few hours, we promised to take the kids to Chuck E Cheese and then to see Santa. I figure it will be a couple of weeks before they really get to do anything fun like that again, so we'll make the most of tomorrow.

Wow ... the clock is ticking! I'll probably write again tomorrow when I have more details ... and I'm a total bundle of nerves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-19-2001, 09:04 PM

Likes Earned: 10
And all this time i thought i had a lot of stress.. wow!

You will definitely need some rest after Tyler arrives!! Hopefully you don' thave too many plans for Christmas day!! Taking it easy and staying in bed..

I wish you all the best tomorrow at pre-op! I'm sure everything will go smoothly!!!

I'll be thinking about you untill I hear how everything has gone!!

~Robyn~
~Mommy to~
Austin & Dylan

Remember, You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing..
#3 of 7 Old 12-19-2001, 09:25 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dawn-I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow, and don't let yourself think about the things that make you nervous! If you do, then find something to distract yourself with! It sounds like you'll be to busy to worry about it tomorrow. If you need me, I am here for you, just a phone call or IM away! Sometimes it helps to just talk about whats making you nervous.

I will pray that everything goes smoothly for you on friday! Is Mike or someone going to let us know everything went okay? I think I would worry to death about you if I didn't hear anything. Not that I have a reason to worry, I just care about you! Well, you hang in there, and soon you will have a new bundle of joy in your arms!

#4 of 7 Old 12-20-2001, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Dawn, I am so excited and nervous for you. I can't imagine how it must feel to know exactly when your new baby is coming. Have fun with your kids today. Good luck and best wishes.
oh and I think Tyler is a wonderful name.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#5 of 7 Old 12-20-2001, 09:58 AM

Dawn it is so hard to believe you are having your new little guy tomorrow! A spinal is not so bad. I honestly did not know the difference between the two. It seemed like it took less time to get it though. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes. Be sure to REST as much as you can. With three kids you are going to need it!
#6 of 7 Old 12-20-2001, 03:31 PM

on your delivery I will be thinking of you and watching the boards for the big news

Happy Holidays and a beautiful baby

Shelby
#7 of 7 Old 12-20-2001, 04:39 PM

Wow I am both excited and nervous for you. Good luck, can't wait to hear all about. Hope everything goes smoothly for you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page