[week 8] Ick, Ick, Ick! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-09-2001, 04:33 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's nice to know that Mike was wrong. Apparently I wasn't literally worrying myself sick and causing my exhaustion when I was waiting for the test results. I guess I can chalk it up to actual pregnancy symptoms!

I can't get enough sleep -- I could literally sleep for days and still be tired!

And food? Well I just never know. Some days I get actual cravings and can't be happy until I get what I want. Mike has been very obliging -- what a guy! Last week I wanted fried chicken, so we tried out this little 'country buffet' type restaurant that we'd been wanting to. All I can say is "Yum!". Too bad I started getting naseous about the time I went for round 2! The other day it was a Calazone. Man was that good! I sure hope I don't follow my last pregnancy and gain another 90+ pounds this time around. I really, really want to keep the weight down since I still had about 40 pounds left to lose anyway. It would be so cool if I only gained 20 pounds this time! Wishful thinking!

Other days? I'm so queasy that nothing appeals! I finally have to force myself to eat a little something because the acid starts creeping up my esophogus and then I feel even worse. Usually once I make myself eat a little bit, I'm OK and can stomach a meal or two. Of course, I'm nowhere as queasy as I was with Jessi and Cody. I wonder if this might be that easy pregnancy that some women are blessed with???? I know that it could have been alot worse, but being queasy beyond the point of being able to eat for 3 months is not fun!

We've slowly started telling folks about the pregnancy, although I'm not technically announcing it to the world yet. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't want to hear all of the smart comments about having kids so close together. I figure they'll find out when they need to, and not before. Great attitude, eh?

Jessi is very excited about having another baby in the house and has already decided that I'm carrying twins (hope she's wrong!). She tells everyone that we come across about the babies in mommy's tummy, so I don't figure I'll actually have to tell anyone before she does.

And just when I get past one worry, here comes another. One of the teachers at the preschool informed me that I needed to let my OB know that I had been exposed to Fifth Disease. There were a few cases in Cody's class and in another class, but I don't think either of my kids caught it. Of course, from the research I've done, this early in the game, there wouldn't be much that could be done either way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

That's about it for this week -- can't wait to see what the next week holds in store!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page