[Week 15] Officially out of the 1st Trimester! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-26-2001, 09:57 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah! One big milestone reached! I'm now in the 2nd trimester!

I'm still waiting on test results from the Parvo (Fifth Disease) test. The second set were inconclusive as they stayed identical to the first numbers, which fell in the "could be" positive numbers. The doc said that anything in that range should have gone up or down, not stayed identical. So we went for round 3. It'll be another week before I find out the results this time. Just in time to start worrying about the results of my Triple Screen! LOL

I'm finally starting to feel human again and can actually skip my afternoon nap if need be. They nausea is finally just about over with -- I only have to be careful not to get too hot.

I'm starting to get some cravings, mainly homemade refrigerator pickles -- nothing too weird. It's just the fact that I'm enjoying eating again! But on the other hand, if I don't eat often enough I get major indigestion to the point of being sick.

I'm still having some heart flutters -- to the point that the doctor mentioned sending me to a cardiologist for a 24 hour monitor. That makes me a little nervous, so I'm going to try to avoid it.

On a brighter note -- we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat at 13 weeks, which is awesome! They say there's a 50/50 chance of being able to hear it that early, so in my opinion, that means this is a strong little bugger!

That's about it for this time ... I'll post more when (if) I ever get those test results back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-26-2001, 10:06 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm GLAD everything is going smooth!! I will keep you in my prayers!!
#3 of 7 Old 06-26-2001, 11:09 PM

Dawn~ I was just wondering what you meant by "heart flutters"? The reason I ask is because when I was pg with Meagan I had some very rapid heartbeat and arrythmia like palpitations. I haven't had them quite as bad with this pregnancy. Anyway, my ob was so concerned that he sent me to have an EEG and EKG done. Then I had to wear a holter monitor over a weekend. They didn't find anything wrong and the cardiologist said sometimes it just happens to pg women. I hope you are doing okay and that your heart isn't troubleing you too much. I can remember being very uncomfortable off and on with it for several weeks and then it just wnet away.

#4 of 7 Old 06-27-2001, 09:16 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Beth -

It sounds pretty similar to what you mentioned. Initially, it felt like my heart skipped a beat, then I'd get a pretty big "flutter" next beat. The doctor said that the over-compensation was fairly normal. However, it would last for several hours at a time.

Now, it's much milder, but it still concerns me. Also, if I do the least thing like walk from my parking lot to the store, I get so winded and my heart starts beating rapidly.

I can remember stuff like this happening occasionally with the other two, but this is really starting to distract me. Anyway, he said it probably is normal, but better safe than sorry. Of course, the day I was in his office, everything was fine -- at least until about 2 hours later. LOL Ain't that the way it is?

Thanks for the info -- hopefully it will all clear up on its own real soon so I can quit worrying about it!
#5 of 7 Old 06-27-2001, 10:13 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Dawn,

I had heart flutters really badly when I was pregnant and of course none of my docs were even concerned--of course they never saw me longer than 5 minutes--they had me in and out--the military docs were in a big hurry for some reason!

I have been wondering about the Fifth Screen test. Keep hoping for the best!!!! That is great that you got to hear the baby's heart beat! It is so exciting to hear!
#6 of 7 Old 07-02-2001, 02:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Sounds like every thing is going pretty good. Good luck in everything you do to get prepared for this baby.
#7 of 7 Old 07-07-2001, 04:05 PM

Dawn,
I've been away for a little while, but wanted to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! When I first saw the news, I was shocked, but of course, very happy for you!

About the heart flutters, I still have heart palpitations to this day. I don't think I started getting them until after DD was born, but she's 10 months old now and it makes me so worried every time it happens. I know it's not anxiety attacks, because I'll just be sitting here on the computer, or playing with the kids, and it suddenly comes on. Maybe it has to do with screwy hormones?? Who knows!

Anyways, congrats again and I look forward to sharing your pregnancy with you by reading your journal!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page