[Week 17] It's back! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-12-2001, 12:02 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well so much for feeling pretty decent. All of a sudden the queasiness, hot flashes, and dizziness is back in a big way!

I went for my Triple Screen yesterday and nearly passed out from the hot flash I was having. The nurse reminded me to drink lots of water since it's so hot lately. I went home, drank tons, and tried to rest.

Next thing I know, I got really, really crampy and my stomach was hard as a rock. So I called my doctor's office (who is still on vacation) and spoke with his nurse. She asked me to come on in so she could check my blood pressure and make sure the baby is OK.

Blood pressure was fine and there was no bladder infection, which she thought could be part of the problem. She couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, but rather than stress me out any further, she hooked up the sonogram machine and took a look. It's so comforting to see the baby moving and the heart just beating away!

Jessica was with me and got to see the baby, which just thrilled her! We could actually see the baby's face! She carried the picture around all day and showed it to anyone that would look.

Final diagnosis was that it must be Braxton-Hicks contractions, which amazingly, I've never had before. Of course, that could also explain why at 40 weeks my cervix had never thinned or begun to dilate. This is a good thing, right???? I have my hopes up that this baby will come out a little easier!

Today I still feel pretty yucky, but I'm planning on staying indoors, so I'll just rest.

When I get a chance, I'll post the latest sonogram picture, although you can't see much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
My stomach got hard all the time Dawn!! It was annoying. I told my doctor about it, and she blamed it on sex She said after sex it gets like that and I just looked at her like she was crazy And then she just said it was the uterus contracting. She did not sound concerned. I sure was though. I got hot flashes a lot. Poor Den would come home and the whole apartment would be like the inside of the freezer. The wonderful central air!!

Hope your results come back good for the triple screen test. How long do you have to wait for the results?
#3 of 7 Old 07-12-2001, 01:02 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I think it takes a week for the Triple Screen to come back. Unless they find something wrong, then they call sooner. Hopefully I won't hear from them before I go in for my normal appointment next week!

Nice to know others have gone through this. It reminds me that it is normal after all, even though somedays I think something must be terribly wrong!

#4 of 7 Old 07-12-2001, 02:54 PM

You poor thing!!!!! I am so sorry you are sick again just when you were stsrting to feel better!!! I hope and pray that it is just temporary and that you will be feeling 100% very soon.
Braxton Hicks are enough to knock you off your feet sometimes. Maybe this is a good sign for you that you will be dilated a little before your actual due date. Maybe things in the labor and delivery dept will be fast and easy. Is labor and delivery ever easy???? I shouldn't have used that word.
I had them with Meagan and they started about 20 weeks. I have already been having them for about 2 weeks now. I asked my doctor at my last appt if it was normal to feel them this early and he said yes as long as there was no regularity to them. I pretty much feel them every day. Some of them are soooo strong!!!
I am glad everything is going well for yo other than the sick thing!!!!
#5 of 7 Old 07-15-2001, 04:06 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Dawn i am sorry you are having a rough time. Hopefully if it is the baby doing all this to you, may he/ she move so you don't feel it quite so much. Good luck and wanted you to know I am thinking of you.
#6 of 7 Old 07-18-2001, 03:18 PM
Special Member

Dawn I just wanted to say... not to scare you... but... It is really important that you drink alot of water. Especially because it is hot summer. When I was preg with Italy I went to the hospital in early labor because I was dehydrated. Thank God they stopped it, but that stay in the hospital was no fun at all. I was there longer than when I had Italy. ( about a week) and all the medicine (made me burning hot) and all the fluids they pumped into me and because of the one medicine I had to get a catheter ... and that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awful.
So please take care of yourself and drink lots of water.
All of you pregnant women drink up too!!
It doesnt matter what else you drink water is the most important!
#7 of 7 Old 07-18-2001, 04:31 PM

Dawn -- I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well! Like Stephanie says ... drink lots of water and REST when you can! We are all thinking about you and wishing you nothing but an easy pregnancy from here on out!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page