[Week 18]Good News, Bad News - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-19-2001, 01:32 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Triple Screen results came back fine. Whew! That's one less thing to worry about!

Also, it doesn't look like there is any concern over the Fifth Disease scare.

The bad news is that there was a report released last week that indicated induction increased the risk of uterine rupture in women that had previous c-sections. My doctor is not real keen on inducing me now, but he said we have 5 months to see if they change their mind or if I go into labor naturally. I don't particuarly want another c-section, but I would like a rupture even less.
So I guess we'll wait and and see!

Other than that, I'm pretty much feeling the same. Still can't tolerate the heat at all and still a little flutter of the heart -- it doesn't really even bother me much anymore.

Speaking of flutters, I'm pretty sure I've been feeling the baby a bit here and there. Such a cool feeling! Even though I've been through it twice before, I forget how thrilling it is to feel that tiny life moving around inside me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-19-2001, 01:45 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Dawn that is great the results came back good.
I am sure that is a huge relief!

Sorry about the bad news though!!!

Aww....I loved feeling Christian...once I figured out what it was that was moving around!!

I am glad that your results came back and they were okay!!!
#3 of 8 Old 07-19-2001, 02:44 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Whew....I am releived for you!! I'm glad the test results are good!!

It's so cool to feel the baby moving!!

#4 of 8 Old 07-19-2001, 03:28 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Dawn, I am so relieved to hear that your test results are fine. Expecially the one about the 5th disease. I too had a scare with it while pg with Emily and i know how tough it is to wait!

How cool that you can feel the baby now! It sure does seem like time is going by quickly! You need to post a pic of your belly, girlfriend!
#5 of 8 Old 07-20-2001, 02:57 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Dawn I am with Krista need to posted a picture of your belly.

Glad you had good news today. Weight is off a lot I am sure.

Congratulations on feeling the baby.
#6 of 8 Old 07-21-2001, 03:27 AM
Advanced Member

Dawn,
My Dr. said the same thing about increased risk of uterine rupture with induction and previous c-sections. I finally decided to try V-Bac, and if I went very overdue to just schedule a c-section. I also had a ruptured ectopic ( July 4th, 1999, but didn't realize it had ruptured until July 26th, over 3 weeks later!).
Re the ectopic, they said they had never seen anyone live normally and function for 22 days while bleeding internally, I finally went into shock and almost died....
But, my DH, like yours, has some miraculous sperm, we got pg. the 2nd month of ttc! We found out we were pg. a year later to the day the baby died and i had the surgery. Anyway....off topic....what I ended up doing was going into labor on my own, then failing to progress, had a c-section, then my tube tied. I had planned it before, that if I was already cut open, to tie the tube, and my girl was really a girl, so I've been "fixed". You might consider the same plan if you don't want more kids after this, it you get a section again......recovery the 3rd time around (2 kids and 1 ectopic) is a breeze......at least you know what to expect, and percosets were my best friends for 3 or 4 days, so that helped alot, too.....
take care!!!!
#7 of 8 Old 07-23-2001, 01:56 AM
Addicted Member

I get that little flutter too and it scares the crap out of me. I haven't been able to talk to the doc yet. I will do that this week I guess. I am still sick too, I can't believe you are so far along already. LOL I am starting to envy all of you who are further along than I am Already. Man this pregnancy is going to seem like forever. I just keep trying to remember there are only so many times I will be able to experince this wonderful part of being a woman, That helps most of the time, even when I am on my knees paying hommage to the big white bowl LOL
#8 of 8 Old 07-23-2001, 09:17 AM
Addicted Member

Dawn..so glad to hear everything is ok. I was worried for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page