[Week 32] Ouch .... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-29-2001, 09:55 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, the 3rd trimester has definitely set in. I've been having all sorts of aches and pains and tons of Braxton Hicks. They've been so strong the last few days that I had to wonder if this might not be the real thing. Granted, they didn't hurt like labor pains, but nevertheless, are incredibly uncomfortable and take my breath away.

I remember having them in the final month with Cody, but I technically still have 8+ weeks to go. Hey ... maybe this means my original calculations were right and I'm a month further along than I thought! LOL I know better, the sonogram proves it, but wishful thinking anyway!

The baby already seems to have run out of room ... yet he/she stills battle for more space. I can't imagine the baby doubling in size in the next few weeks. Where will it go????? I can't bend over and breathe at the same time, which makes cleaning up after the kids a joy. DH has been great ... he basically cleans up anything from waist-level down, and I try to keep everything up higher picked up and neat.

We want to put the house on the market in the next week or so, but I honestly don't see how we're going to manage. On the other hand, I hate the thought of him driving 150+ miles round trip per day, not to mention the extra gas & wear and tear on his car. Sigh .... timing is everything and we just didn't time this whole new job/move/new baby thing right!

All in all, I'd say baby is quite active and healthy. There's been a lot of movement lately, and the "alien" effect has started. We can be sitting on the couch and Mike can actually see my belly moving. He thinks that is so cool ... of course, not realizing that it's pretty uncomfortable! But at least I know baby is doing well.

I go for my 32 week check up this week ... not much will happen, I'm sure, but I think this will be my last 2-week appt. Wow ... weekly appointments! We're getting close!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-29-2001, 10:31 AM

Likes Earned: 10
Wow! Close is Right! 32 weeks already! Seems impossible (LOL Well for me anyway.. I"m not the one whose pregnant)

I'm so glad everything is going OK, and that Baby is healthy!
I didn't know that Mike had gotten a new job.. LOL did I miss a post somewhere? I knew that it was a possibility.. never knew it went through!

Glas all is well! Hang in there.. 8 weeks will be here and gone before you know it!!

~Robyn~
~Mommy to~
Austin & Dylan

Remember, You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing..
#3 of 10 Old 10-29-2001, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Dawn,

I guess I missed an announcement somewhere else but did Mike accept a new job? Where will you be moving?

#4 of 10 Old 10-29-2001, 11:46 AM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Those last weeks can get tuff, I remember getting so big, that I couldn't imagine where Michael would have the room to grow anymore, LOL. But he found it.

Have you decided on your final names? Just curious.

Well hang in there, only 8 weeks left, Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you!!
#5 of 10 Old 10-29-2001, 12:38 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Not much longer to go!! I remember the day you IM'med me and told me and it seems like a month ago. Where does the time go?!?!?

I hope you guys get everything straightened out with moving and Mike's job. I am sure things will work out for the best! Of course I can say that because I am not in my 3rd trimester and have to deal with moving. If I lived closer you could count on my to come and help! I feel like a pro at moving now

I am sorry you are having those braxton hicks so badly! I hope you and baby can come to some agreement about him/her needing more room
#6 of 10 Old 10-29-2001, 03:16 PM
Special Member

Dawn,
With the holiday season upon us, these last weeks are going to fly by for you!! At least I hope so!!

It is wonderful that you and the baby are doing so well. I can't wait to hear the names you've decided on!! And where will you guys be moving to??
#7 of 10 Old 10-29-2001, 11:17 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Dawn is possiable the sonagram is wrong and you are right. Never the less the baby will come when they are ready to come.

Timing is never perfect, I think in the end it will all turn out. Good luck to you and your family. Hang tough and I hope the baby doesn't grow to much more for you. No room in the inn.
#8 of 10 Old 11-07-2001, 01:25 AM
Special Member

Wow! It is getting close. It is great to hear about how well the baby is doing. I know it is getting rougher and rougher being pregnant though. Glad to here the hubby is being so wonderful. Cannot wait to hear about that baby being born. WISH I COULD BE THERE. But you live close enough that next summer when I go to the beach I can come and visit! That would be cool! Well take care. Love ya and hugs to you and the baby and the family!
#9 of 10 Old 11-07-2001, 10:04 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Do you know where Henderson, NC is Diana? How far are you from there? I know it's right on the NC/VA border -- we'll be moving there eventually. Just curious!
#10 of 10 Old 11-08-2001, 01:05 AM
Special Member

You know I think I do. WOW. We are going to be close. I will have to visit. Maybe before next summer if you are that close!!! YEAH!!!! I live about one or two hours from the border IF that!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page