Is it up to the man? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-22-2002, 12:45 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone once told me that if a woman doesn't feel sexy .. then her DH/SO isn't doing his job. Meaning that it is up to the man to make the woman feel sexy. Do you feel this is true? And vice/versa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 06-22-2002, 01:26 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I think we need to make ourselves feel sexy, although dh has to make an effort to help us feel that way
#3 of 13 Old 06-22-2002, 02:05 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Gotta agree with Michele. We have to feel good about ourselves to start with or no amount of words from our DH/SO is going to make a difference. But I do think that they need to let us know on a regular basis that they still find us attractive.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

#4 of 13 Old 06-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

No.
#5 of 13 Old 06-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Special Member

I think that it is up to us to make ourselves feel sexy and it's up to the man to acknowledge our effort (in a big way).
#6 of 13 Old 06-22-2002, 07:06 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

I have to agree. Feeling sexy has to come from inside yourself .. and your DH/SO can just help it along by letting you know that he thinks you are sexy too. You know .. a little confirmation goes a long way!

I do think that we need to let our hubbies know that we think they are sexy also. You don't have to just come right out and say it (although sometimes that is good), you can make sure he feels sexy by your actions towards him!
#7 of 13 Old 06-22-2002, 11:36 PM
Addicted Member

Well Court is always telling me how beautiful I am and how sexy I am...and I look in the mirror and just don't see it! I think it is up to ourselves to look and feel our best..but of course the man has to tell us how wonderful we look!
#8 of 13 Old 06-23-2002, 12:38 AM
Special Member

I think that women play a HUGE role in how the feel and look.

My hubby once commented on a lady from church. In the 3 years we have known her, her physcial beauty--posture, health, color, mental health, everything--has declined SO much. It is terrible. I have been to her home. I also once heard that the way your house looks is how you feel about yourself. In her case, she REALLY didn't care about herself very much. She still doesn't. She looks worse than she has ever.

We started noticing how her hubby treated her. He was nice to her. However, he was never loving to her.

I believe she could have done a lot to change herself and in turn change how he felt about her or at least treated her. However, I feel it was a two way street.

I know when I don't feel pretty, I have to look around me. How I am being treated? Not just by my hubby, but by myself? Am I putting myself down? Is he eluding to things such as weight or appearance? (Thad has never come right out and said I look terrible or fat or ugly, even when many days I truly thought I looked that way.)

When I am thinking that way, or he is acting that way, THAT is when I need to do something for myself. Take a hot bubble bath. Shave all that I care to. Style my hair differently. Put on some make-up. Wear a pretty outfit, even if I am just around the house (nothing too fancy, though, I wouldn't be comfortable). Maybe go for a walk. Consider my diet. Write in my journal. Read a love story. Watch a romantic movie. Leave the house! (That usually is what does it. Even if I go to the library. As long as I am away from the house.)

Some times, just flirting with Thad can make me feel sexy and, in turn, make him act like I am sexy. Even if I really am not at the time.

I think our psychological make-up has a lot to do with it all. How we feel about ourselves, how we are treated, how we are programmed to think, etc., can effect how we see ourselves and if we are acting like sexual beings. I think, personally, it is up to us, and possibly with the help of a therapist, to change how we have been made to think about ourselves and start acting like we really are--wild sexual beasts! J/K We can at least became sensual beings that are loving and feel good about ourselves no matter how we look on the outside or how others see us.
#9 of 13 Old 06-23-2002, 05:29 AM
Special Member

We have to feel good about ourselves before we'll believe them anyway. Get up and going everyday and always make yourself feel good. His praise is an added bonus. Although, even when I look like crap, right when I wake up, Adam always tells me how beautiful I am. He's good like that.
#10 of 13 Old 06-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

RIGHT ON AUTUMNGIRL!
#11 of 13 Old 06-23-2002, 04:25 PM
Special Member

I have to agree the with majority here and say that we make ourselves feel the way we do by having good self esteem and a postive attutude about ourselves. A partner's compliments add points to how we already feel (especially when we feel sexy).

~~Visit Michael's webpage~~
www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/tigerpup
Click here to visit our Family Homepage at Baby U.

~~Click here to see my webpage: Art by Alexandra~~

Click here and read my Parenting Journal
where I discuss what life is like raising a toddler with special needs. We are currently trying to find out which sydrome our son has that is affecting his liver.

Moderator of

CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS BOARD

RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES
THE RELATIONSHIPS BOARD

"A man sees himself through the eyes of the women he loves."

"True love is just like rain; it touches us all."
#12 of 13 Old 07-05-2002, 05:15 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
I agree with Leah.

If I never make an effort to make myself feel and look sexy why should my husband ever think that I am....although he always does. It feels wonderful when he says though
#13 of 13 Old 07-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
I think it's very important for the man to make the woman feel like she is still attractive to him. Speaking from experience, I feel that if the man doesn't do things to make his woman feel like she is special to him, then the woman can tend to feel unloved by him. Maybe not in all cases, but in some.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page