7 tips to help you stop smoking - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you or someone you love resolve to quit smoking for New Year’s? The American Lung Association is here to help you keep that resolution. January is the perfect time for a fresh start and with the economy in turmoil, quitting smoking is not only good for your health, but also your wallet. Having a solid plan can be the key. Here are seven tips for success and resources that have helped thousands give up smoking for good:

http://www.lungusa.org/site/c.dvLUK9...or_Success.htm

I know it is a little odd a nonsmoker posting this sort of thing. I am highly sensative to smoke. It really bothers me and my dh. If I can help someone stop smoking, please let me know what I can do.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0
Did this 3.5 mnths ago
#3 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 05:50 AM - Thead Starter

You go, girl!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#4 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Likes Earned: 0
i used to smoke like a chimney before i got pregnant... the when i got pregnant my doctor advised me to quit it completely, and i really wanted a healthy child. so the day doc told me, i stopped, for the child's sake..the first twoo weeks were really difficult, but after that, i got used to it...first two weeks were **** or me..
#5 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 04:48 PM - Thead Starter

You did it! Good for you!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#6 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Jen
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 2
I quit in October too! I'm officially a nonsmoker!
#7 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 06:44 PM - Thead Starter

WTG Jen!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#8 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
I quit about a month ago due to the pregnancy but I have been wanting to quit for quite some time anyway. Luckily for me the smell of cigarette smoke now makes me wanna so that definitely makes it a lot easier for me!LOL! I do, however, still crave on here and there. It's so strange how our bodies work like that...something like the weather being beautiful outside will make me wanna smoke or even when I don't feel good...weird. Glad to be done with it now. I just hope that I don't start up again after the baby is born. I always do.
#9 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM - Thead Starter

WTG Krista! You can do it, girl! Just think, you are saving about $3 a pack (that's the common price I see advertised here). With all prices on food, gas, electric going through the roof, this will be an incentive. We spent $85 on a small cartload of groceries the other day which was mainly diapers and tiolet paper. Yikes!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#10 of 16 Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
I need to quit again. For good.
I did quit a couple of years ago when I had pnemonia. Then started again.
Well now every few months since then, I get bronchitis which is worse then the flu.
Smoking is really taking a lot out of me these last few years.
And I do believe my life will depend on it as I have both Heart Disease and Lung Cancer alot in both Mom and Dad's side of the family.
#11 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 01:23 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Ain't quittin anytime soon, but I have cut WAY back! Down from 1.5 packs to less than a pack a day. Heck, I burn more of them thatn I actually smoke, anyway! LOL!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#12 of 16 Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 AM - Thead Starter

That's a great start, Brenda!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#13 of 16 Old 05-20-2009, 02:00 AM

Hello Every body ,

Nice to see so many determined people giving up smoking for good,as the thread starter very correctly said that it helps your health and your wallet too.Good news is that i am blessed with a lovely kid!

I gave up smoking smoking out of compulsion,as i mentioned in my earlier posting.But now i feel good,healthy and do not suffer from those bouts of constant coughs.
#14 of 16 Old 05-06-2010, 03:46 AM

Stop smoking clinics are good success in helping people to stop smoking.
or
Exercise Regularly
Change Your Diet
Keep Your Mouth and Hands Busy
#15 of 16 Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 AM

Yum I decided to quit few months ago. I used to smoke alot on the weekend because I hardly have any thing to do. Recently I start playing tennis and swimming on the weekends.
#16 of 16 Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 AM - Thead Starter

That's great!

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page