BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body & Soul (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   How long is your hair? (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179428)

Elaine 04-22-2009 10:09 AM

Right now mine just sits on my shoulders. I usually prefer it a little shorter ... not boy short (I like length, especially around my face) but off the back of my neck. However, Chad made a comment about liking long hair and I've let it go since. I've realized since, that a women tend to wear their hair in their dh/so's personal preference.
So, I'm wondering ...
How long is your hair and why?

paijj 04-22-2009 10:49 AM

Mine is shoulder length. I am trying desperately to grow it out as much as possible so that when it starts to thin(side effect of the surgery) I can have my sister find a style that will make it look like "I meant to do that". Luckily I have a lot of hair and it makes it look fairly think, so maybe I will get lucky and the thinning won't look so bad . I would love to have it long again...like to my mid-back...and all one length like it was when I was young...lol...I am trying to rediscover my youth
DH doesn't seem to care how I wear it.

Spaggie 04-22-2009 11:08 AM

Mine is about half way down my back. I wear it that way because I like to pull it back in a ponytail for daily wear. Rick likes it long, but I wear it this way for me. Every once in a while I get sick of it, cut it short, and then b!tch until it grows back out. I rarely cut it shorter than just below my shoulder, tho. Still want to be able to put it up.

Elaine 04-22-2009 11:10 AM

My hair was so thick & long before radiation that when the underside fell out, it wasn't noticeable if I wore my hair down. I noticed it of course but it was nice to not feel like the rest of the world could.

KJBBDOLL 04-22-2009 12:11 PM

Mine is a few inches past my shoulders and it tends to stay this length due to the thinness. Two years ago when I first met Jim I cut it waaay short into an angled bob and he mentioned that he liked long hair best so of course I started growing it back out It is much easier for me to pull into ponytails for work and I love having the length to hide my newly found double chins though. I tend to grow it out while preggers and then chopping it all off after the baby is born.

Grace 04-22-2009 12:19 PM

Mine is a few inches above the waist when it is straightened out. I have a lot of waves and curls. I have worn it in almost the exact same style since I left high school. My mother used to have my hair cut in boy styles when I was growing up, so I have kept it long ever since. Both my girls have long hair, too.

DQKaren 04-22-2009 05:49 PM

Mine is down the middle of my back - it lays around my bra strap.

Its that way cause I never have anytime to go get it cut.

I have asked Kev and he says he doesn't care. I only know he cares that he doesn't eat it at night.

Asiancracker 04-22-2009 11:24 PM

Mine is past my bra strap

I want to cut it but Jordan likes it so I will probably cut it when he leaves LOL

Elaine 04-25-2009 11:17 AM

I like my hair shorter. When it gets long, I get lazy. Unless I spend an hour with a flat iron or roll it while it's wet, it just hangs and is frizzy so I end up pulling it up in a ponytail. I HATE being a ponytail mom.

teacherinct 04-25-2009 01:27 PM

Mine is really short in back with angled sides down to just past my chin. I can wear it straight or messy and curly and clipped back, parted in the middle or on the side. The sides are really angled.

kdAlise 04-27-2009 01:23 PM

Once or twice a year I get it cut to just above my shoulders, and it usually grows out quite a bit before the next cut. Right now I'm between cuts

PSNVYD 05-04-2009 12:45 PM

My hair is down to my behind and I just usually pull it back in a ponytail or bun my husband loves it long and doesnt want me to cut it but of course i dont share the same feelings as he if I had the extra time i would have been gotten it cut to probably no shorter than my shoulders.

BeccaSueBoo 05-04-2009 01:31 PM

Mine just hits my bra at the back.

BippyCat 05-05-2009 04:31 PM

Mine is a few inches past my shoulders. I am trying to grow it to about bra strap length now. I used to have long hair, almost down to my toosh then I got tired of it and cut it off into a bob and loved it! I kept it that length for 2 years and have just recently started to let it grow again so I can do Mom pony tails if I need to!

muna.taqi 08-15-2009 10:07 AM

My hair is short, little below my shoulder. After my son's birth, I always keep a ponytail. My husband gets bored by the same hair style. What styles should i try with my hair?

LRyder 11-27-2009 07:59 AM

I had till my hip but my little guy keep grabbing it hehe. I had to cut till the shoulders :P

Nikki820 11-28-2009 03:08 AM

Mine is about should blade length when wet. I typically have it up in a bun, just for ease. Clint likes long hair, but I am contemplating cutting it off just due to keep up... But I don;t want to keep up hair cuts either. LOL I'll likely just go get it trimmed next weekend.