I have really let myself go... - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Things have been so hectic around here that I haven't had time for myself. I'm lucky to get a shower when I need one, much less do my hair and put on make-up. I'm really feeling the need (emotionally) to spend some energy and money on myself ... I have no clue what to do though. I don't want to cut my hair because I'm doing Wonder Woman this fall and the long hair really helps the costume. I could use some new products and a recolor though ... the grey is really starting to show. *sigh*
Maybe a tanning session or two would help to rejuvenate me too ...
Maybe I should start rewarding myself for getting through steps of this move??

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
I do think you should reward yourself, but I'm no help at the color and such. I do my own usually because I'm too cheap to lay out $60-$100 on my hair.
#3 of 4 Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 PM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Oh heck me too! I actually bought a box last night but probably won't do it until I'm off on Wed.
Oh! ... and I splurged and bought good razor blade refills! That is a real treat for me.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06

#4 of 4 Old 02-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Banned

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0

I think it is a fabulous idea to reward yourself. You are a hard working mother, and the most important thing is to find time for yourself. It is not only for you, but in the best interest of everyone else too! Something as simple as a shower should be a task you can get in. Set goals for yourself and once you have reached them, give yourself a day to get a mani/pedi or a nice dinner out. The better you feel and treat yourself the more you will have to give to your family and the other things in your life!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page