What is so funny about Spongebob? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 08:57 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I cannot figure this out. My dd adores the Spongeman. I asked her why and she said, "He is funny." I have watched so much Spongebob trying to figure this one out. I still don't see it. It's a kid thing. Grown ups don't understand.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
I don't really understand the humor in Spongebob either but for some reason, kids love him.

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
#3 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Oh, I can't stand him. His voice grates on my nerves. I think it's his high-pitched voice. I know Jonathan loves to hear him talk.

#4 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Earned: 10
He's goofy looking and kids love him. I don't care for him much, either, but that's OK... I do housework while he's on.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#5 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Special Member

The boys love him too.... I get so Annoyed with him
#6 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Special Member

Mike likes to watch him actually. So does Kev (Karen's DH). Maybe it's a man thing
#7 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

That's not true! I watch SpongeBob abd find him hilarious. My favorite character is Plankton. He's the greatest! I also like Billy & Mandy as well as Foster's Home For Imaginary friends. I guess I'm just a kid at heart. I love cartoons!!!
#8 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Special Member

oh I like Foster's too. I also like Fairy Oddparents. It's just SpongeBob that gets on my nerves after one show.
#9 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

He used to get on my nerves so I started paying more attention to Plankton. He's the funniest I think. I love the eppys that he's in. I forgot about Fairly Odd Parents! DH and I used to watch that together all the time!!!
#10 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Well, maybe I am just a prude, but I don't let PJ and Emmie watch Sponge Bob. They LOVE him and think it is funny, but I do not.
One day Emily said the word 'stupid'. I asked her where did she learn that word from and she said that Sponge Bob said it. Well, I told Gary and he said that it was on the Sponge Bob DVD that my Mom bought them. I took that DVD away and they are not allowed to watch any Sponge Bob. Since I stopped letting them watch it they have stopped saying "You don't like me", "Stupid", "You're mean", ect...
I know that they will learn these phrases when they are in school, but they will not be said in our house. I tried to explain to them that we do not say these things to anyone much less each to each other.
#11 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 12
Yep Spongebob is HUGE in my house. (not by my choice either) I can handle him - but I don't like him. They do as Heather mentioned pick up words or phrases that children this young DO NOT NEED TO KNOW.

I have taken to NOT turning him on while I am home - we watch something else - if anything at all.
#12 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 03:16 PM - Thead Starter

We don't have cable, or receive any stations here, so dd doesn't get to see him very often - only when we rent them. She hasn't picked up any bad stuff from him yet. Fingers crossed. She picks up bad stuff from other kids at the park.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#13 of 23 Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't stand Spongebob and my kids are not allowed to watch it.
#14 of 23 Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinapooh2
Oh, I can't stand him. His voice grates on my nerves. I think it's his high-pitched voice. I know Jonathan loves to hear him talk.
Can't stand him whatsoever!
#15 of 23 Old 04-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
My kids are not allowed to watch Spongebob either....I can't stand him either and findhim annoying as ****....
#16 of 23 Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 PM - Thead Starter

I don't know. I don't figure SpongeBob is any worse than the Looney Tunes. I know a lot of people would disagree with me there, but the Looney Tunes are pretty violent when you think about it. I don't let my dd watch too much of the Looney Tunes because of the violence.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#17 of 23 Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
My girls have never watched Looney Tunes. I wasn't intrested in them when I was a kid, so I didn't watch them and don't really know what they are about. As a matter of fact, I think the only cartoon I ever liked was The Smurfs.
#18 of 23 Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Jen
Special Member

Likes Given: 2
Well I let the girls watch Spongebob. I do not really like him anymore but I did when it first came on. I got burned out I guess. There are so many shows on tv that have the "bad words" and violence in them but I still let them watch them. I do love it though when "stupid" is said on one of them because Maci and Hailey are FAST to scream "OOOOOOOOOH, they said a BAD WORD!"
#19 of 23 Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't like the Looney Tunes either. I got rid of my satellite because I think most of the programming is junk and I don't want my kids watching any of it.
#20 of 23 Old 04-13-2007, 01:03 AM - Thead Starter

That's one of the reasons I don't have it either, Tara. Besides, I would waste my time watching stuff too.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#21 of 23 Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Addicted Member

I hate Spongebob and he is not allowed in my house.

Looney tunes I watched when I was growing up and they have edited the parts where people/animals/charaters get hurt. My kids are not into them and it is not from lack of me trying.

I am for these channels in the morning Nick jr, Disney and noggin because I remember growing up and only having Sesame Street, Mr. Rodgers, and the Electric Company. But in that same thought my kids only get that on a rare occasion because there is outside to play and other things I want them to do.
#22 of 23 Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
Spongebob RULES!
#23 of 23 Old 04-13-2007, 07:49 PM

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page