Did anyone else watch the MTV VMAs last night? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-10-2007, 11:05 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hadn't bothered with watching the VMAs in a couple years, despite my love of awards shows. This year they were hyping up a new format and that Britney Spears was opening the show. Now, I know Brit is a trainwreck these days, but I believed that in her somewhere is still that super talented performer she used to be. I was really rooting for her to take advantage, come out and rock the place and show everyone she still got it. Well....either she really has lost it or she was totally drunk and/or stoned for the performance.She was lipsynching badly and even stopped lip synching at some parts as if she A. forgiot the words and/or B. knew nothing could save the performance. She barely danced and what bit she did she looked like someones gramma straight out of the nursing home. Her outfit? A sexy little number up to par with former Brit performances.....unfortunately it just highlighted the fact that she's not the same sexy little number she used to be.....Kevin was probaly home watching it after the kiddies went to bed...and he probaly laughed his behind off

Lol now that I'm done ranting.....sigh. It just drives me so nuts to see someone so talented, pretty and intelligent just throw themselves away like that. I've had friends like that and I just want to slap them. And I've been super hormonal the last few days too - really needed to rant about something...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Special Member

I watched it to see Britney train wreck again, and wasnt disappointed. She fell off the tracks big time.
Her career is so done!!
#3 of 7 Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
I was sure not to miss it.

#4 of 7 Old 09-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I saw her performance. She should just quit.
#5 of 7 Old 09-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
i saw highlights on the news. so sad. i agree she needs a big long break, raise the kids then think about trying again in like ten years
#6 of 7 Old 09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Liz, I think they called her fat because she was strutting around in her underwear. Had she worn something else, she would have looked great. If you want to expose yourself like that, when you used to look different, there will be A LOT of negative comments. I saw her rehersal tape from the day before and she had on jeans and a half shirt and she actually looked skinner just because she wasn't naked.

I just don't feel bad for her because I feel like she makes stupid decisions and she is NOT a child. If she wasn't ready, she shouldn't have agreed to go on. This isn't rocket science....
#7 of 7 Old 09-11-2007, 01:04 PM

I personally feel bad for Britney Spears. I believe that she is suffering from PPD and doesn't have anyone around her to give her the support she needs. She is in a downward spiral and I really hope that someone soon will help her get the true help she needs.

BTW, I didn't see the performance last night. I was never a fan and am not going to be one of those who watches her now just to put her down. She needs help, not the media and the public constantly watching her to see what she'll do next.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page