BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Can you believe that Jamie Lynn Spears is now pregnant at 16??!! (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161785)

ryann2 12-18-2007 11:06 PM

Wow, how bout the parenting in THAT family?!?!? The father is her NINETEEN year old LIVE IN boyfriend.... That family is the biggest trainwreck I have ever seen......

And of course, they gave OK! magazine the "exclusive interview". Ya know, gotta make the $$ before baby comes!

Jen 12-18-2007 11:16 PM

I JUST read that and thought the SAME thing!

Entertainment at its finest..... lol

DQKaren 12-18-2007 11:43 PM

KimmerRN 12-19-2007 12:10 AM

Well, I guess THAT will kill her TV contract.... isn't she on the Disney channel or something like that?

Becky 12-19-2007 12:13 AM

I just read it too. Unbelievable!

ryann2 12-19-2007 01:29 AM

She's on Nickelodeon's Zoey 101.

Dawn 12-19-2007 09:04 AM

Oh good grief! I just saw a magazine headline the other day about whether she'll follow in her sister's footsteps. Guess we have the answer to that one! Is it just a rumor that Brit-Brit is preggos again?

Sheesh ... that whole family is TRASH!

Dawn 12-20-2007 09:05 AM

And did anyone else hear that Jamie & Brit's mom is in the middle of writing a parenting book?? Uh ... stop the presses! Unless it's a how NOT to raise your child to be a productive member of society book!

I swear ... it's not the fact that she's 16 and pregnant that bothers me. It's the fact that the family just flaunts their trashiness. You know, I think the only reason Brit is still *anybody* is because she's a trainwreck. Funny ... I always thought K-fed was the trashy one.

Elaine 12-20-2007 10:16 AM

Wow... that's really all I can think of to say.

tailwaggers 12-20-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz109
Lynn Spears book deal has been "postponed" (not cancelled, YET) because of the news of her daughter's pregnancy.

No big deal, girls get pregnant all the time at 16. Is it EVER right? No, not really. This family's trash is just all over for everyone to see!
Liz, I thought the same thing. This really isn't NEWS. A pregnant 16 year old is hardly unheard of. No, it's not a great thing, but it's not news. The only reason it's news is that she is Britney's sister, and her family is very self-promoting, in a most shameful way.

KimmerRN 12-21-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwaggers
Liz, I thought the same thing. This really isn't NEWS. A pregnant 16 year old is hardly unheard of. No, it's not a great thing, but it's not news. The only reason it's news is that she is Britney's sister, and her family is very self-promoting, in a most shameful way.
Yup.... very common. Their "family" is just more visible than others.

tailwaggers 12-21-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:
OOPS, I typed Disney and not Nick

It's juicy news because she's a celebrity and in the spotlight of very impressionable girls. Some young teens already have jaded thoughts of what it would be like to be a mother. I haven't read the magazine or seen any interview with the Spears', but I'm sure some people will see this as a young celebrity glamorizing teen pregnancy.

But, I see this all as entertainment at it's finest. Entertaining, isn't it? It's on every radio station here. Celebrity news channels haven't stopped talking about it either.
You make a good point, Liz, I had not thought of it that way.

KimmerRN 12-21-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:
OOPS, I typed Disney and not Nick

It's juicy news because she's a celebrity and in the spotlight of very impressionable girls. Some young teens already have jaded thoughts of what it would be like to be a mother. I haven't read the magazine or seen any interview with the Spears', but I'm sure some people will see this as a young celebrity glamorizing teen pregnancy.

But, I see this all as entertainment at it's finest. Entertaining, isn't it? It's on every radio station here. Celebrity news channels haven't stopped talking about it either.
Yep...they were just on the morning news talking about how is might or might not effect Lynne Spears' book.

TammyB 12-21-2007 06:13 PM

Not really surprised here - after all, she is Britneys sister, and does spend alot of time with her. And the publishing company says Lynn Spears book is not a parenting book - it is simply a memoir of life raising kids in the spotlight. I think it's just another easy way to cash in on Brits trainwreck......

Seabeacon 12-21-2007 11:57 PM

Well I'm glad it's not a how-to book. Gee, I wouldn't want that advice.

Dawn 12-22-2007 11:40 AM

What really disturbs me now is the talk of giving her a new show that deals with teen pregnancy. I don't know how she, a teen pop idol, can possible down play pregnancy??? I just don't see this being a good thing. And quite frankly, I like the fact that Nick is one of the "safer" channels that my kdis can watch without me having to worry about sex/drugs/violence. I'm just not sure I want my kids getting a dose of sex ed from anyone in the Spears family!

Oh and let's not forget the baby will be born a millionaire! They're giving exclusive rights to OK magazine for the first baby pictures. Nothing like picking such an outstanding magazine! I wonder how much of that Jamie Lynn will squander away on partying in the baby's first year????

Spaggie 12-23-2007 03:31 AM

Sad to see her following in his sister's footsteps. And I really liked her show on Nick. Ally and I watch it all the time.

DianaL 12-24-2007 03:18 AM

i heard she wouldnt get fired because you cant fire anyone thats pregnant. but yeah i can just see all these 12 or 13 yrs olds thinking babies are the newest fashion accesory. is britney pregnant too?? ive seen magazines say that but i havent heard anything on any entertainment shows.