Top 10 Outrageous Celeb Contract Demands - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-15-2008, 02:20 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Want the inside scoop on your favorite band? Take a peak at the contract rider for their latest tour, where you'll find requests for everything from clean socks and underwear to pot, pork rinds – and more.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...6461409&page=1

I was surprised at some of the "outrageous" requests. Why is wanting toothbrushes and toothpaste "outrageous"? Or soymilk? Or Flintstone vitamins? These things are not expensive or really that out of line. I thought when I read the headline it was going to be something bizarre or unreasonable or really expensive. I can certainlly understand requests for food that won't make a person fart when stuck on a bus for days or soymilk if someone has dairy allergies. Most of this stuff is cheap. So why the big deal if some star wants stamped postcards or Flintstone vitamins. Get off Christina Agularia's case. Some people have problems swallowing pills. Does it cost a ton of money or is impossible to find?

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Bait? That guy actually asks for bait? Ewwwwww!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#3 of 7 Old 12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
what I wonder is how bad have the backstage areas been in the past? the amount of "stars" who have to emphasis in capital letters that they want CLEAN towels is amazing, I would have thought that would go without saying but somebody must have got dirty towels at some stage to make this an issue.

And as for them 'demanding' "real" cups, plates and crockery I can totally agree, I hate eating or drinking from disposable cups etc.

They are on the road constatly, can you imagine how revolting it would get to never have real cutlery or plates for months at a time.

#4 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 12:04 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
The all white furniture everywhere for Jennifer Lopaz was a little over the top, but most of this stuff is just a few creature comforts for someone who is on the road constantly. As for Paul McCarthney's request about the leather furniture, well, he is obviously trying to make a political statement and sitting on a leather sofa would look hypocritical. Besides regular cloth furniture is cheap and easy to come by.

Bait's really cheap, though. They sell it at every Walmart here. Perhaps he fishes a lot or travels with a pet who eats it. Pet food is not an unreasonable request.

“

Euripides

”- John Barrymore “

#5 of 7 Old 01-02-2009, 06:36 PM

Likes Earned: 0
How much and what kind of snowmobiling terrain is offered?suzuki atv 250 quad parts cheap atvs for salepolaris rzr air filter, atv salvage yardsused atv carburetor snowmobilesrent a snow machine 2000 arctic cat bearcat 440-1atv polaris 500 sportsman 4wd atvs for salepolaris jet ski parts, ski doo formula dlx snowmobilesyamaha motorcycle parts uk used atv carburetorchinese atv transmission parts suzuki atv problems
#6 of 7 Old 02-13-2009, 06:30 AM

most of those aren't outrageous at all.. it actually looks like a grocery list.
#7 of 7 Old 03-16-2009, 09:59 PM

I agree with you guys, nothing so crazy there!
Considering they do shows which bring in thousands of dollars (in some cases $100'000+ for a single show), their demands seem pretty tame!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page