BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Jon Gosselin Trying to Keep TV Crews From Filming His Kids (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180887)

Grace 10-02-2009 01:31 PM

Jon Gosselin is attempting to shut down production of TLC's Kate Plus 8 by denying permission to videotape his eight children, according to reports.

Jon Gosselin Trying to Keep TV Crews From Filming His Kids - omg! news on Yahoo!

I have never watched this show. Until this whole cheating thing came up, I never heard of these people. This is the first sensible thing I've seen either parent do. I hope he succeeds. Divorce is hard enough on kids without being in the public spotlight. If he can stop this and make his children the forgotten famous, more power to him. The adults picked this whole reality show mess. I hope they end it now there is a chance. Ordinary children of divorce sometimes need counseling due to their parents actions. I can't imagine the therapy these kids are going to need. Poor kids! No one should have to suffer emotional pain in front of an entire planet let alone a little kid.

KimmerRN 10-02-2009 03:42 PM

I just think this is one more stunt for Jon Gosslin to stay in the public eye...good or bad press, it makes him money.

As for the whole train wreck, they should have stopped this a LONG time ago. He is only doing it now to get back at Kate because TLC renamed the show Kate plus Eight. Couldn't see his gravy train slip away.

Regardless of the motivation, this will benefit the CHILDREN... and that's who it should be about. I really hope things work out for the kiddos...they are so darling.

I would like to smack the living daylights out of both Jon and Kate..... wth were they thinking. Greedy... greedy.... greedy.

Grace 10-02-2009 04:06 PM

Agreed! Hopefully for once what is best for those kids prevails.

Spaggie 10-05-2009 10:06 PM

He's an ass!

Elaine 10-06-2009 08:51 AM

I heard that Kate is working on a new TLC cooking show that might replace the new "Kate plus Eight". We'll see...

While I agree that getting the kids out of the public eye is in their best interest right now, I also have to agree with Kim and say, that I think this is just another stunt and not really about the kids at all. I watched a video yesterday where Kate was talking about Jon pulling over $200,000 out of their household account ... he took everything but $1000 claiming he was entitled to it. How is that in the best interest of his children?

KimmerRN 10-12-2009 11:17 PM

Girls, I hear what you all are saying. Not that I am hunting down Jon interviews or anything, they are plastered all over. But the ones that I do see I just watch his face and non-verbal communication.... he is saying what he thinks the public wants to hear. It's not about his kids. Not at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Kate fan either, but I hope only good things for those kids. They never asked for any of this. I hope that even with all that is going on they can become happy, well adjusted people.

Jon and Kate both make me sick.

Grace 10-13-2009 05:51 AM

People who use their kids to support them like that make me