BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Weddings (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   What kind of Food did you have? (https://www.babyuniversity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151949)

Tara 09-19-2006 11:18 PM

What kind of food did you serve at your wedding reception?

melizerd 09-19-2006 11:25 PM

Besides the all important cake? We had cheesecake. Who cares what else ya have
We didn't really have a reception just a pot luck type deal with the 25 or so people that were at the wedding.

Tara 09-19-2006 11:40 PM

This is where I'm going to spend the most money. I was looking at having it catered, but some of the prices are scary.

Tara 09-19-2006 11:41 PM

I love cheesecake. Our friends had cheesecake and then had a topping bar. So cool.

melizerd 09-19-2006 11:46 PM

I'd start looking/asking around about caterers. I know my Uncle got a great deal through the VFW post to have them do it. Good luck finding something reasonable and tastey

Shona 09-20-2006 01:49 AM

My mom did all the catering for my wedding. We had ( from what I remember) Fruit topiary (sp?) these styrofoam tree things, with fruit stuck to it completely covering it with toothpicks. It looks a lot better than I am making it sound LOL. We had veggie trays and we had Hard bread with a whole filet mingion ( that was sliced. It wasn't nearly as expensive as it sounds especially if you get it at Costco or something like that.) We also had some other meat.. but I don't really remember. I had a very small plate and we didn't really have time to eat. Not a sit down type thing.

Milly 09-20-2006 03:24 AM

We had a sundae bar and .... hm a drink of some kind?

Robyn 09-20-2006 09:02 AM

We had a 'homestyle' buffet!
Everything was home made!
we had a lunch meat tray in the guys dressing room for them.. so they wouldn't be completely starving by the time our reception rolled around!!

shredded chicken (and buns of course)
ravioli w/meat sauce
rigitoni w/meat sauce
italian pasta salad
salad w/dressing
cheese tray
fruit tray

marylunn20 09-20-2006 09:25 AM

we had something like robyn's... we and my mil/fil made everything...
meatballs with rolls to make sandwiches
pasta salad
meat/cheese tray
veggie tray
fruit tray
i know that there was other stuff i just can't remember

dinapooh2 09-20-2006 10:51 AM

We had cold cuts and little mini sandwich rolls. My MIL just bought the meat and cheese and some of the ladies from the church helped her lay it out on the trays. People made their own sandwiches. We also had chips, pretzels, macaroni salad, some kind of 3-bean salad, cake, punch, and coffee. It was all made by us or a friend of ours.

Stink_Momma 09-21-2006 03:46 PM

Dinner choices were filet or chicken breast, some sort of potato and veggie. Can't remember exactly, kind of sad, huh?

Dina 09-22-2006 01:16 PM

Our reception hall had selections for meals... we ended up doing a soup since it was November ...chicken entree (Chicken Francais) with veggies etc, a fish entree ( I think) and a vegetatian entree ( I was a vegetarian at the time) - then we had a fruit sorbet for dessert, and obviously the wedding cake.

For appetizers we went light - no raw bar, shrimp or any of that. I dont extacly remember (esp since I wasnt able to eat it) however .... that goes to show if I dont remember the food -you shouldnt have to spend alot of $ on it because no one remembers it!

Ekim 09-23-2006 02:54 AM

We're doing a buffet... it will have various salads, roast beef and gravy, chicken with a wine sauce, lasagna, potatoes, vegetable stir-fry and a dessert table (chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse, boston cream pie, cherry cheesecake, black forest cake, wildberry torte and hazelnut cream torte). We'll probably also add deli meats and fruit as well. A few people are trying to talk us out of buffet but I prefer having choices and I always still feel hungry after plated meals at weddings....lol

teacherinct 09-23-2006 10:00 AM

We had hot and cold appetizers, passed buttler style by waiters and then a cheese and fruit table. Then salad, then a pasta course (manicotti), then choice of filet mingon, stuffed sole, or stuffed chicken breast. Dessert was wedding cake which was banana. And then later in the evening we had a Venetian Table. That has various sweets...chocolates, cakes, canolis, cream puffs, etc. They also serve liquors in chocolate cups and flavored coffees. To be honest, the Venetian was very expensive and a complete waste. It was served very late and we had lots left over. We gave it all away b/c we were leaving for our honeymoon the next morning.

I remember so many details b/c I'm in a wedding in June and have been helping my friend with her planning. I guess the new thing is having a "signature" drink. She's having a wedding martini at hers which will be in one of the weddding colors. Like if you were having pink then they'd serve watermelon martinis or green might be green apple. Then she's using the martinis as the toast instead of champagne.

lvissers 09-23-2006 11:02 AM

Finger Sandwiches, Chips, Salads and Cake.

tailwaggers 09-23-2006 04:31 PM

We had heavy hot or' dourves such as meatballs, bacon wrapped shrimp, etc. We also had raw veggie tray and dip, cheese tray, fruit tray and dip, cheese straws, and chicken salad with croissants. I had a wedding cake but no groom's cake.

ajg99_98 09-23-2006 06:04 PM

Ours was catered. We had Pork Loin Roast with Gravy, Mostacolli, Garlic and Herb Potatoes, Corn, Salad, and maybe Chicken and Noodles but I don't remember for sure.

Instead of a normal cake, I had a cupcake tree.