brodie as ringbearer?? help - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-13-2004, 09:09 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need ideas, anyone?

Brodie is going to be the ring bearer in the wedding, he'll be 4 1/2 months old.. The coordinator gave me and idea. She said I could take a wagon, and decorate it and have drevi pull him down the aisle. I think it would be a neat idea, but I need ideas on how to decorate it, and a way to put sides on it so that he wouldn't fall out. Would it be likely that hed be able to sit up by then? or would I need to lay him down? Anyhow, any other ideas on how to incorporate him would be nice too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Addicted Member

The wagon sounds like a nice idea. Maybe get with the wedding coordinator/couple and see if you can decorate the wagon to match the wedding colors and flowers. I would say just get a piece of material the color they prefer and lay in the wagon. He probably won't be able to sit up, especially for more than a couple of minutes so I would try to find a way to prop him up. Maybe in a carseat or bouncy seat if you have one? If you have the wagon that is high on the sides (which I am assuming you don't because of the mention of the sides) then you could lean him against the back and put something under his butt to keep him from sliding down. Maybe you could borrow one of those type wagons? How about a stroller pushed by Drevi? That could be decorated also to match. What a cute idea, by the way!
#3 of 10 Old 03-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 1
What a great idea!
I think Jennifer's idea of a carseat(infant) would work good. When I was in the process of moving,I put my baby,who was at the time 5 months, in her carseat and put the whole thing into the wagon , and it fit(my wagon anyway) perfectly!
It would probubly be easier for your daughter,to pull a wagon,rather then push a stroller,I think, though.

#4 of 10 Old 03-14-2004, 04:01 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
Likes Given: 1
That is a great idea! and will be adorable going down the isle together!
#5 of 10 Old 03-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
nice ideas
#6 of 10 Old 03-14-2004, 09:01 AM

It is doubtful he will be able to sit on his own at 4 months. Abby is almost 5 and she is not sittin gup. I would figure out a way to use his stroller/carset and decorate that. Maybe have someone push it? You could put pretty fabric on the seat and lay him in it. Maybe have some of the wedding flowers attached. If the wheels for the stroller work like this you could weave ribbons in it.
#7 of 10 Old 03-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Or you could put a boppy inside if you still go with a wagon. That will stabilize him. Such a cute idea, can't wait to see pics!
#8 of 10 Old 03-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 2
I saw them do this on tv for the wedding of the bachellorette I think??? If you can't do that I would just have a groomsman carry him down the aisle, or get someone else to carry him down the aisle.
#9 of 10 Old 03-14-2004, 04:12 PM

That is a wonderful idea! I agree with Jennifer. Some kind of seat that he can be buckled into would be grat!!

Becky
Wayne since 8/07~ almost a year! Who would have thought I would ever find my prince?

Samantha 4/19/95
Logan 10/9/01 Kia 9/10/98 Colby 3/28/01 I am a Motorcross Momma!!Enter to win BabyUniversity's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Contest and a $25 GC!
#10 of 10 Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 AM

i dont know if anyone has told you this yet but you could always put a bumbo seat in the wagon. it is for babies starting at 3 months its a seat/chair thats smaller than a bounce seat or a carseat and you could even cover it with material and sit him in it and he will sit straight up! my son is going to be about 5 1/2 months or so when we get married and we are going to put his bumbo seat in a wagon most likely!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page