Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 AM - Thead Starter
Administrator

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm planning an Easter Egg hunt for the little girls and went to Walmart yesterday to see what kind of toys I could find that would fit in eggs. I don't want to load them down with candy since they will be getting a lot in their baskets. (There will be some eggs with candy in the hunt)
The things I found were...
prepacked eggs with my little pony minis (6)
prepacked eggs with Littlest Pet Shops (6)
Hair clips (3)
bracelets (3)
rings (3)
matchbox cars (4)

It didn't seem like I was finding much in the store but now that I'm home and counted up how many eggs they will make, I think I'm fine. They are only 3 (almost) and I don't want to overwhelm them.
I think we decided yesterday that a book, dvd, and novelty type candy was going to go in the baskets.

Is anyone else planning a hunt with their kids??

Elaine White

I'd love to be the ideal mother but I'm too busy raising my kids.

Haley Olivia 8-17-96 ~ Zachary Tyler 4-30-01 ~ Asher Mackenzie born an angel 2-26-03 ~ Brenna Grace 5-4-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-23-2009, 09:53 AM

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
for one Easter..I did an egg hunt for my husband LOL I put 1 egg by the door with a note in it leading to the next egg and so on, it was more of an adult egg hunt but it was fun. I wouldn't mind doing it this year too... our 3 year wedding anniversary falls a week before easter so yea..that is a lot to do ^_^

I can't wait until I have kids so I can actually have a real easter egg hunt with cute little toys in the eggs... I don't plan on doing candy since my brother ( when he was a kiddo) got a HUGE easter basket full of candy and also did an egg hunt that was candy only and he decided to eat ALL the candy that day...Now my bro hates all candy LOL poor guy got sick...but yes if I had kids I would also do cute little toys etc.
#3 of 6 Old 03-23-2009, 10:10 AM

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 0
Shane's Aunt has an Easter dinner every year at her house, and she makes up eggs for our two nices and nephew.

I would like for Logan to participate in the hunt, but I think the older three will let him get like two or three for himself so I dunno.

#4 of 6 Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
I'm sorry to hear that Liz, where will you be going? I hope that you aren't being deployed again!
#5 of 6 Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 11
When we have easter egg hunts with alot of kids we tell them how many eggs they are allowed to find. Only because it isn't fair to the youngest kid. Then they each get to find one BIG egg that has 5.00 in it.

With Christian & Kel we do themed eggs and they know which ones to hunt for. We do one here at home and one at my parents house.
#6 of 6 Old 03-24-2009, 05:48 PM

Likes Earned: 22
We put stickers in alot of the eggs cause all the kids like them.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page