Plannig in Progress/Parents 40th. - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-05-2005, 01:13 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so excited. Planning is in progress for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. This one is not going to be a surprise, but we are planning many surprises within the planning.

We have not pinned down the venue yet. We are trying to get a local Manor that does really nice weddings. The menu is great, they have a nice bar for those that want to take advantage of that and the atmosphere is wonderful. We are going to try and pin down that location today. The other place I have in mind is the place where we did my father's Surprise 60th back in September. It is at a resort and is a Mansion that has been prepped just for weddings and parties. I may post pics of both places later and see if anyone has any opinions. They also have great food, nice atmosphere, etc.

I booked the entertainment this morning. We are having a gentleman who has been performing locally for a long time, but who has also cut his own records many years ago and who performs in Vegas and other places do the music. He is fabulous and a lot of his focus is the music that my parents would have enjoyed and was in style when they were younger. We also had him at my dad's 60th.

I called the cake artist just to reserve the date. She gets really bogge down with wedding cakes. We have no hashed the details yet. I am unsure which we want to do at this time--try and replicate their wedding cake OR just have a really nice 2 or 3 tier cake done and loaded with roses, etc and a special cake topper. I think replicating their cake is a neat nostalgic idea, but the cakes this woman does are usually SO much nicer than cakes, even at fancy occasions were back then. We shall see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 29
Sounds wonderful! Make sure to post pictures afterward!
#3 of 7 Old 02-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Addicted Member

I would love to see pictures. Good luck with the planning.

#4 of 7 Old 02-05-2005, 09:37 PM

That sounds like fun! I'm actually planning for my parents 30th anniversary this year (May). Maybe we can get some ideas from each other.
#5 of 7 Old 02-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Special Member

I love event planning!
#6 of 7 Old 02-06-2005, 12:23 AM

That is great you are doing something special! And 40 years!!! How wonderful!
#7 of 7 Old 02-06-2005, 04:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 15
Wow!! How wonderful! It sounds like whatever you do is gonna be fun~ Can't wait to hear details.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page