10th year wedding anniversary party? - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-09-2008, 02:11 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok..so I have 6 months to decide what Steve and I will be doing for our 10th year wedding anniversary. Since he doesn't like to travel I'm thinking about maybe having a 10th year anniversary party.

Should we renew our vows? Or should we just have a party somewhere?

Has anyone ever been to a 10th year wedding anniversary party?

We had a very small wedding and I'd like to do something special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
We didn't really do anything for our tenth. A party would be my choice though.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#3 of 12 Old 07-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Paaartay! Congrats on your 10 year mark.

#4 of 12 Old 07-09-2008, 07:38 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Let's see.... I was pregnant on our 10 year anniversary, so we didn't do a whole lot. We did exchange gifts.... I got a 3 stone anniversary ring and I bought DH a very expensive watch. We also went to a comedy show and dinner. Very low-key.

I'm thinking about maybe a vow renewal at either 20 or 25 years. We are only at 14 this year, so it will probably only be a and dinner out. I know. We are lame.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#5 of 12 Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Rick and I celebrated our 10th last July. It was awesome! He got us a hotel suite and we got there early Friday afternoon. Friday night was dinner out at a really fancy restuarant - just the 2 of us. Very romantic! After dinner we sat in the piano bar and talked and joked. Back at the hotel, he had champagne on ice, chocolate covered strawberries and a dozen long stemmed red roses waiting for me. The rest of the evening was spent ... um ... together! LOL!

Saturday we went shopping (you know "shopping" for both of us *wink, wink*), had lunch out and then headed back to the hotel. That evening he arranged for my bridesmaids to meet us for drinks at the hotel bar. He even had a little buffet set up for all of us thru the hotel catering service. After that, we and one of my friends went to a club for the rest of the evening. Came back and he had snacks ready to go in the suite. Stayed up late laughing, slept late and left Sunday afternoon.

It was, without a doubt, the best weekend we have ever had.

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#6 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Brenda, that sounds like an awesome weekend you two had!

If I could get my husband to go with me somewhere for a weekend I would definitely do the 'just the two of us' thing. It's no fun staying home to do something special since we are there all the time (well, when we're home from work..you know what I mean ) ..except have a party. If I could get him to go somewhere for a weekend I'd ditch the party idea.
#7 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 18
we didn't do anything for our tenth either

although we were childless and in another town for dh's work, we just had a nice weekend away.

since steve doesn't like to travel, what about a night out for a show? theatre or concert and a night at a local hotel?
#8 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Cheryl, we were still here in town - just went to a hotel to "get away". It makes a difference. You could always plan it without him and give it to him as a surprise!

~*~Brenda~*~

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#9 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaggie View Post
Cheryl, we were still here in town - just went to a hotel to "get away". It makes a difference. You could always plan it without him and give it to him as a surprise!
I like that idea. You could stay someplace really nice and order room service for dinner. Spend the evening in. If you two like wine or whatever to drink, bring your own and chill it in the room and enjoy at your leisure!

There is even a bed and breakfast within walking distance of our house. Sometime this fall, I am going to rent a night for Kyle and me. When he gets home from work, he will be instructed to meet me there. I'll have everything ready. They serve dinner there, and there is a pub within walking distance, so we will have a great night away, but not even have to get in the car!

For our tenth, I was also pregnant. We went to Disney World with our family and our close friends.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#10 of 12 Old 07-10-2008, 11:48 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Just plan something when you two are off work, pack your bags, and drag him along somewhere.

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
&...

#11 of 12 Old 07-11-2008, 04:35 PM

Yeah, don't give him a choice. You pack both bags, pick him up at work and drive him to "wherever". He'll be surprised and I'll bet he loves it!

~*~Brenda~*~

#12 of 12 Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 AM

renewing your vows would be nice. most couples do that during a milestone year. you could even renew your vows underwater! it will be so romantic!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page