Glucose test results - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-18-2001, 04:15 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the glucose testing done today. My results came back not so good. It seems that my glucose level is high. This means I have to go to the hospital next week for more extensive blood tests. The doctor told me not to worry to much until we know for sure if I have diabetes, how you are not to worry I don't know. Also the baby seems to be a little large so they are sending me for another sonogram the first on January to see just how big she may be. If she is too big then we are going to talk about having a c- section. I am scared to death. I never though that would be necessary I guess. My sons birth was a piece a cake if there is such a thing about child birth. He weighed 6 lbs. This pregnancy has me scared. I am still very sick and just hanging in there waiting for the arrival of my little girl. The baby is doing just fine very very active. She just seems to be draining the life out of me. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and I will let you know how my test results turn out.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-18-2001, 04:56 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
You poor girl!! I hope everything turns out alright with you and your baby. I'm sure it will. I'll pray that you'll be able to have a vaginal birth and not have to worry about a c-section.
Lots of hugs to you! ((((((((Michelle)))))))))
#3 of 8 Old 12-18-2001, 05:33 PM

I know this is easier said then done but don't worry about this! It will all be ok! The same thing happened with my little guy!

I found out after my glucose test it was near 400 and they told me to forget any further testing I had to start insuline ASAP! I had my test late because I was on steroids to mature the baby (they thought I was going to have to deliver early)

Anyways they told me because I went so long without my sugar under control that the baby was LARGE because it had been feeding of the sugar in my body! Well 8 weeks after they told me I was having a 10 + lb baby I had a 7.0 even baby!

I also can tell you I had a c-section due to complications & I healed well & was back to normal very quickly so don't fear the unknown as long as the end result is a healthy baby!

I hope I helped & didn't scare you further!!

#4 of 8 Old 12-18-2001, 05:49 PM
Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can see where this would scare you, I know I would be! Just hang in there! I'll pray that everything turns out good for you!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
#5 of 8 Old 12-18-2001, 05:56 PM - Thead Starter

Thank you so much ladies.

Michelle
#6 of 8 Old 12-19-2001, 10:49 AM

Michelle--Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers
#7 of 8 Old 12-21-2001, 02:25 PM - Thead Starter

Thank you Becky. I go to the hospital on Monday for a 3 hour glucose test. I'll let you all know how I make out.

Michelle
#8 of 8 Old 12-21-2001, 06:35 PM

Hang in there, lucky for us drs these days know so much and can help. A big baby is great (except they don't fit into the small cute clothes). Cameron was 10lb 2oz and a picture of health, you wouldn't know looking at him now he came out that big!!!

good luck I am sure every thing will work out for the best!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page