Trying to get back to "normal" - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, last week seemed like a blur.

Monday night I was just remembering things about dad and was pretty exhausted emotionally. I also was remembering mom and how wonderful her and dad were to us kids.

Tuesday and Wednesday I had to focus on my final paper for class which ended up being over 20 pages long. Even though I had permission from the instructor to turn it in on Saturday, I decided to get it done and turned it in on Wednesday night. I wanted to be totally focused on my family Thursday and Friday. I checked my grades this morning and was relieved to find out I made an A on my final paper.

I saw several people Thursday night. My boss came which I thought was sweet of him. One of the ladies who is in charge of half of the office administrators here in St. Louis at Boeing was there. Elizabeth came by and a couple of my high school friends came by. One of my friends, Suzanne, I use to work with came by. I appreciated everyone who came by and those who have been keeping me and my family in their thoughts and prayers. I was exhausted by the time I got home Thursday night.

Friday morning was the funeral. My brother from GA got up to talk about my dad and how he never knew a stranger. He talked about how he served his family, his country (he was in the Army for 2 years during the Korean War) and how he served in the church he attended. When they rolled the casket out to the hearse that is when I started bawling. Steve was so sweet and he held me close and rubbed my back to console me. At the cemetery there was a 21 gun salute and taps was played on the bugle. That was very touching!!

After the funeral we went back to the church my parents were members of (the church I grew up in) and they had lunch for us there. Then we went back to my parents house..which will be put up on the market sometime next year...and hung out there for a while. Steve and I went out to eat for dinner on the way home. I got into some comfy clothes when I got home and chilled out the rest of the evening.

Saturday I got caught up on some house cleaning. I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom sinks and mirrors, swept the tile floors, and cleaned the kitchen. Saturday night I called my niece and she said she was being discharged from the hospital on Sunday. She had a blood clot in her leg which is why they kept her in the hospital longer. They put her on Cumadin. I felt so bad for her since she had to miss her grandpa's funeral. She was pretty upset.

Yesterday morning Steve worked the soundboard and I sang in the choir. After we were done singing in the 2nd service I went to the grocery store, went home and then we ate lunch after Steve got home. Then I made Waldorf Salad and fixed up a veggie tray. I took both of them to our church's Thanksgiving dinner last night.

I'm back at work now. Things are sort of starting to feel normal if there is such a thing.

Steve's brother and sil still haven't called us to tell us plans for Thanksgiving or anything. They still haven't called us to give us their new cell phone numbers and they were suppose to do that over a month ago. So Steve and I are having a nice quiet dinner at home on Thursday. It will be the first time we spend Thanksgiving together with no one else. I'm hoping to get our lights up outside as well as our Christmas tree.

Anyways...so that's about it for now. Have a good Thanksgiving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-29-2007, 06:59 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Cheryl, I am just now seeing this post. I was doing okay until I read about TAPS and the 21 gun salute. I hope you are feeling better with each new day, and that the new normal will feel right sometime soon. I know it's hard.

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#3 of 4 Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 PM

Location: The Funny Farm, Where life is beautiful all the time...
Likes Given: 0
Take care, Cheryl. It's a hard place to be in. As time passes, there will be a new normal that will come about..... it will never be the same as before, but it will be tolerable.....

Kim
DH Chris 8-6-94 **15 Years! **

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." Warren Buffett
Mom to Lauren 10/26/04 & Ryan 4/6/06 MC 3/22/07 Comet (10-5-09... RIP Bubba) Visit me @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 4 Old 11-30-2007, 10:31 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 1
Thanks Tammy and Kim. It is a very different feeling now. I try to keep in touch with my siblings every day or almost every day like I did before. That helps a little. I'm really not looking forward to Christmas though since I won't be with them this year. I might get to see my sister and her family briefly if they move to Kansas at the end of December which there is a very good chance they might. I hope that happens even if it isn't on Christmas Day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page