By George I think I've got it!!!! - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 AM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok...so I have been bashing my brain for an idea for the project I have to work on for my class. I THINK I have got it!! I started focusing on needs for baby boomers who are getting older and I ran across a site where it said transporation needs for them will increase. So I decided to choose FastTrack for my firm and their marketing opportunity for the elderly. FastTrack is a shuttle service for people who park at airports. It's a national service. Well, they could branch out and start offering their services to senior citizens who have no transportation or are unable to drive themselves. The audience for their advertisements would actually be not only just the elderly but to those who help out their older friends/family. Young/middle-age parents who are busy with kids and jobs can benefit from FastTrack services. By not having to take their elderly parents to the grocery store, pharmacy, dr's office or wherever they need to go it will free their time to do what they need to do during the day. Or if there is a distance issue where the elderly and their family do not live that close to each other and the elderly does not have anyone else to take them to where they need to go, then that would solve their problem by having that transportation option.
I'm gonna run with that. I'm running out of time anyways and need to turn in my idea to my professor.

TGIAF!!!!!!!!!

I've been cranky this week so hopefully after turning this assignment in and coming home to a clean house tomorrow and getting my hair cut on Saturday morning...maybe I'll be better after all of that!

Have a wonderful day!!!!! <
This is what it is like today in St. Louis...rainy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM

Likes Earned: 22
Likes Given: 0
Cheryl, I really like this idea! It will appeal to a braod base of comsumers that is totally different from what they are currently doing. WTG!

~*~Brenda~*~
mom to Drew (16) High School At Last!
mom to Ally (10) 4th Grade, Baby! WooHoo!

Parenthood:  That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage.  ~Marcelene Cox  Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children.  ~Marilyn Penland
#3 of 6 Old 08-21-2008, 02:50 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Thanks Brenda.

I knew that if I focused on a need that will increase as time goes on then I would find something.

I had other ideas such as marketing compression stockings to truck drivers but wanted a bigger population to reach. (I was thinking along the lines of preventing those who sit a lot on the job from getting blood clots in their legs like I did).

This was a tough idea to come up with since there are SO many needs out there and so many target markets to choose from.

#4 of 6 Old 08-21-2008, 03:38 PM

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
I think it's a great idea, too! WTG!

Tammy
wife to Kyle 4/27/96
Proud mom of two fabulous kids:
Emily 1/11/03
Travis 10/6/06
#5 of 6 Old 08-21-2008, 03:41 PM

Likes Earned: 26
Likes Given: 12
Good luck with your project! I have been in a bad mood too.

“
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Euripides

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
”- John Barrymore “

#6 of 6 Old 08-21-2008, 05:40 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page