Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: hillbilly heaven
Likes Earned: 9
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Say cheese. This healthy version of a favorite comfort food will leave you smiling.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 piece
1/2 lb lasagna noodles, cooked in unsalted water
3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups fat-free cottage cheese*
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups raw zucchini, sliced
2 1/2 cups no-salt-added tomato sauce
2 tsp basil, dried
2 tsp oregano, dried
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/8 tsp black pepper
*Use unsalted cottage cheese to reduce the sodium content. New sodium content for each serving is 196 mg.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 9- by 13-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. In small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread thin layer of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish. Add a third of noodles in single layer. Spread half of cottage cheese mixture on top. Add layer of zucchini.
5. Repeat layering. Add thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 380 mg
Total fiber: 5 g
Protein: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 41 g
Potassium: 561 mg