Annoying Ads - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews

Annoying Ads

User Tag List

Zyrilia's Avatar Zyrilia
09:52 AM 08-28-2008
Good grief - it seems like very other page I open on here has some talking ad telling me I've won an Wii or an Ipod or some crap. Other than turning off my speakers, is there any way to filter those out? It's part of the reason I don't come on here as much as before, because I usually get on late at night, and if I forget to turn the speakers off (which is often) I risk waking people up with such announcements.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Spaggie's Avatar Spaggie
10:05 AM 08-28-2008
I've noticed them as well. Annoying is putting it mildly. But since I normally have my speakers low or off, it doesn't bother me as much.
AndreaB's Avatar AndreaB
12:24 PM 08-28-2008
i never have my speakers on, i hadn't even noticed
Janice's Avatar Janice
02:18 PM 08-28-2008
Hi Judy! I've gotten your other reported ads and hopefully you have seen them any further. If you want to take the same process with the loud annoying ads please do, I will be happy to remove them with the appropriate information. =)
Zyrilia's Avatar Zyrilia
01:23 AM 08-29-2008
Thanks, Janice!
Liz&NicksMom's Avatar Liz&NicksMom
12:17 AM 09-01-2008
Yep they are anything but desirable........whoever came up with those annoying talking ads anyways??
Grace's Avatar Grace
02:59 PM 09-10-2008
I am still getting free nintendo wii ads and one for a chat site that says "Hi. i'm Amber." BTW, you cannot click in the chat box under virtual Amber and leave her a rude message. It just takes you to the main page.
KJBBDOLL's Avatar KJBBDOLL
05:15 PM 09-10-2008
Yeah, I get the Amber ones every time. I certainly have a 'message' for her!
LOL
Lady Knight's Avatar Lady Knight
02:18 AM 09-11-2008
I'm not getting any of those thank goodness What I do get are pictures of people looking like they have been dead for 3 days and then turned into zombies, the ad wants to tell me when I'm going to die!! It is bad enough having zombified adults but they are using children too, I find it rather disturbing personally.
02:36 AM 09-11-2008
OK, now the ad is showing a naked baby doll that looks bruised all over, one of it's eyes is turned back in it's head and someone is shaking it rapidly from side to side, the ad says
Quote:
Do you want to play with me?
in blood red lettering like in the horrer movies.

It is on at 12.27am the 11th of sept your time. The URL is

http://www.mydeathclock.net/221313?C=2106

I'm sorry I don't know what other info you may need but ads for the same site are all over BU all saying
Quote:
When will you die

As someone who has spent most of her life fighting suicidal depression I must say these ads are really, really upseting and using children and babies is just sick and wrong, espescially on a parenting site.
Janice's Avatar Janice
02:42 AM 09-11-2008
We've been removing a lot of ads, but remember we need to know what the URL is to the ad so we can successfully block it. I've put in a request for the ad above to be removed Maree.
03:35 AM 09-11-2008
Thank you Janice. I sincerely appreciate your quick response time
Grace's Avatar Grace
03:40 AM 09-11-2008
That is awful, Maree!

Here is the address for Amber whom you cannot give the (or many of us would have already )

http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_land...?p=vc3&c=grey1
08:27 AM 09-11-2008
I had a look and couldn't see her either but did you notice that not one of those avatars are overweight, flabby, wrinkly, pimply or having a bad hair day At least at Pogo you can have a less than perfect shape, grey hair and wrinkles if you so desire.

I guess it's true, there just ain't no truth in advertising
Grace's Avatar Grace
04:55 AM 09-12-2008
This ad would be fine if it were silent:

http://www.wgu.edu/index.asp
Janice's Avatar Janice
01:27 PM 09-12-2008
Got 'em!
Janice's Avatar Janice
01:14 AM 09-16-2008
I'm sorry, we are really working on weeding the undesirable ads out.
SarahFox
01:16 AM 03-07-2009
Oh god I hate those ads with sound. You can get a plugin for Firefox (very good web browser), called ad block. I think it can block most of that stuff.
Reply Up