Kidney Stones during pregnancy - BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews
User Tag List

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-18-2002, 02:21 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend Anna is 17 weeks pregnant with her first. She's in the hospital right now because one of her kidneys is totally blocked from a stone. She can't even use the bathroom. The doctors are still debating on what they should do. Apparently it's not that common this early in pregnancies. I was jsut wondering if any one else had this happen to them?

One good thing about it is the baby is fine and they found out IT'S A BOY!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-18-2002, 11:26 AM
Addicted Member

Location: In a house with a bunch of walls, windows and doors
Likes Earned: 15
I hope that they can decide what to do for your friend.....I bet she is happy about having a boy and that he is good
#3 of 3 Old 08-18-2002, 11:55 AM

Likes Earned: 0
I feel for your friend! I don't think I had a kidney stone (the dr. could never say for sure if I did or didn't) but I did have a kidney infection which was plenty bad enough. Mine wasn't early in my pregnancy though, in fact I was hospitalized a week before my due date. What they did for me was give me 2 rounds of antibiotics through an IV over the course of 24 hours. The nurse said they couldn't really do what they normally do for kidney infections due to the pregnancy but the medicine was enough to clear it up. Hopefully that will work for your friend too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BabyUniversity.com - Baby and parenting forums and reviews forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page